August's Imperial Fists WIP

Thread: August's Imperial Fists WIP

Default August's Imperial Fists WIP

Hey, new to the forums. I'm working on an Imperial Fists army and uper eager to have the help of the coolmini community. I've used the site as a reference guide to learn how to paint and recognize your authority in all things good and holy. So C&C is enormously appreciated.

Here's some work I've done so far on a Tactical Squad. I'm planning to shave off the squad-numbers on the knees and replace them with a Company Insignia from the custom decals I'm working on designing. My hope is to have one of the later units I do, maybe a Sternguard or Terminator squad, worth posting on the image system here.

They style I'm going for is inspired by the Imperial Fists by Dark Art Miniatures and Aliaume, both on this site. They rock.

and a WIP of some custom decals:

Last edited by augustmanifesto; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.

the fist look really really good, im a fan of the beat up worn look you've gone for with the armour, on the whole not a lot of advice or hints to give you appear to have it fairly well nailed ........apart from the bases..which im fairly sure your going to do anyway..so go get on with it come on chop chop NSA needs to watch out.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I like Your yellows and even though I usually think that amount of battle damage to be over done I think you've pulled it of nicely

Wauv...they are nice, but just a little to much battle damage they look too fake

Very nice work.

It's good to see that my Imperial Fist inspired you.

Just 2 things :

- Focus more chiped paint on the edges
    - Dilutes a little more your rust streaks and makes more passages with you brush.

Aliaume

Quote Originally Posted by Aliaume View Post
    Very nice work.

It's good to see that my Imperial Fist inspired you.

Just 2 things :

- Focus more chiped paint on the edges
    - Dilutes a little more your rust streaks and makes more passages with you brush.

Aliaume
    Agree with this....great minis man, just the rust streaks that stood out to me. Your ink/wash seems quite heavy in areas too but overall a super looking unit.

Lets see some more!!!

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

I love the battle damage, it's how I imagined them to look defending the Emperors palace! I'd loved to see them based and a full army of them and what you can do with a tank! Very well done!