Congratiulations, it's a boy... ahem, I mean "bust"

Thread: Congratiulations, it's a boy... ahem, I mean "bust"

Default Congratiulations, it's a boy... ahem, I mean "bust"

Hy there folx,

to say it with the words of Monty Python: And NOW for something COMPLETELY different!

I finally finished my first bust! It's a murmillo gladiator from Pegaso Models I found some months ago at the german "Duke of Bavaria" event. I absolutely love this bust, especially the helmet. I quickly started to paint the bust but lost my motivation at about 75% completion. I must admit a bust is a bit static for me. I missed a fancy base or some customizations to make this a unique display object. SO I had to force myself to finish this little fella. But in the end I am quite happy with the result. The skin was a bit tricky, because I never painted anything that big, but hey it was a challenge.

Hope you like the bust.
    You can vote HERE: http://www.coolminiornot.com/286280

Not quite as exciting as some of your previous entries, but still technically brilliant! Skin tones are perfect.

Excellent as always ! skin is perfect, and so is the leather, it reminds me of an old WW1 army dress belt i had.
    its a shame how the right leather strap going over the shoulder follows the contour of the clavicle, its the only bit that doesn't look real. But I cant think of any other way they could sculpt it without doing a GW

i like it...
    good job, and a nice change of pace...

cheers
    jah
    Paint like you've got a pair!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Not quite as exciting as some of your previous entries, but still technically brilliant! Skin tones are perfect.
    Is that because of the lack of boobs?

Looking sharp as ever!

Wow, absolutely stunning! Your skin tones are perfect, and your metallics are sublime!
    Visit me on the web at MamaGeekMinis.com!

Quote Originally Posted by alextheartist View Post
    Is that because of the lack of boobs?
    There ARE boobs! LOL.

Really great work as usual! What technique did you use for the metals?

Your technique is incredible, bravo!
    For hobby articles, tutorials, and tips visit us at midwestmonsterlab.blogspot.com!

@Avelorn
    I used polishable metallic paints. I can't remember which brand i used but you have to spray them on with an airbrush and when dried you have to polish it to get a nice realistic metall tone. Then you can begin weathering it with whatever you want, glaces, pigments, washes and so on...