Vote Sniping... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote Sniping...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
    somewhat disagree. alot of ppl are sheep and do need others to confirm what their eyes are looking at
    If I see something I really like, it's cheap, and everyone says it's rubbish I shit myself with joy and buy a truck load. Pretty straight forward. The converse works also.

I zoomed into the white mini and what looked rubbish is really quite terrible. In this instance I don't think style or preference are big factors. No need for me to use words for what you can see for yourself. Reminds me of the old Space Crusade models I practised on in 1999. Oops that waz words
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

i think i found the best comparison ever. the white one is better. lol hahahaha

http://www.coolminiornot.com/268353?browseid=131554

http://www.coolminiornot.com/286914
    I love how the white one has a 7 on it.... when the registered vote is 5.5 currently. In my book it barely makes a 5. Its a gaming piece, no where near display quality. Now let that be any other model (not GW period) and lets see what the score is. Its so sad but true.
    Last edited by leopardpixie; 09-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidane View Post
    If I see something I really like, it's cheap, and everyone says it's rubbish I shit myself with joy and buy a truck load. Pretty straight forward. The converse works also.

I zoomed into the white mini and what looked rubbish is really quite terrible. In this instance I don't think style or preference are big factors. No need for me to use words for what you can see for yourself. Reminds me of the old Space Crusade models I practised on in 1999. Oops that waz words
    lolllllllll

did he paint that with vanilla frosting? when did cake boss start doing warhammer?

i guess by commission he means he sells it by the slice?
    Last edited by Avelorn; 09-10-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Edited for unsubstantiated slander

This all seems incredibly unnecessary. Yeah maybe the mini is overrated but if you are going to give criticism then at least make it constructive. It needs shading for one thing. I think its rude to pick out a mini and trash it because it has a higher score than you believe it deserves. All you can do is vote, and leave a CONSTRUCTIVE comment. They will use it to improve or not, but leave it at that.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Noddwyr View Post
    This all seems incredibly unnecessary. Yeah maybe the mini is overrated but if you are going to give criticism then at least make it constructive. It needs shading for one thing. I think its rude to pick out a mini and trash it because it has a higher score than you believe it deserves. All you can do is vote, and leave a CONSTRUCTIVE comment. They will use it to improve or not, but leave it at that.
    Nodd, Think I'd better own up, as you may get blamed for it - I had already reported his post and -1'd his reputation with the reason "This is not constructive".

I totally agree with you, it's going too far and becoming unpleasant to read.
    Last edited by TomasP; 09-10-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomasP View Post
    Nodd, Think I'd better own up, as you may get blamed for it - I had already reported his post and -1'd his reputation with the reason "This is not constructive".

I totally agree with you, it's going too far and becoming unpleasant to read.
    come on, that was funny.

ok, whatever, i'm outta here. u guys suck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddwyr View Post
    okay then, the white looks too thick and is lumpy in places. the shading is one step and not that neat. apart from the black lining an the scroll on the shoulder pad, it doesn;t look like it's been shaded or highlighted in any way (just noticed the holster is shaded but has tide marks). the freehand is ok but could be neater (i'm not saying that i could do better). the conversion is nice but i reckon his left shoulder pad needs to be a proper pre-heresy one, like the segmented ones
    a 5/5.5 for me
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

come on, that was funny.

Sorry, but I don't enjoy watching people get their kicks by putting someone down in front of an audience.
    Last edited by TomasP; 09-10-2011 at 09:40 AM.

If you really think that we "suck" because some here tell you so when your are unnecessary rude then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

i thik the 'lol' on the end was an indication that the comment was tongue in cheek...could be wrong though
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

come on, that was funny.

Regretfully it's not the first time Mr Pickles has had a "Lack of Tact" pointed out.
    In fact this is now the case that it's has been flagged separatley by Three Moderators, so enough is enough, please give him no further ammunition.
    It's now a matter for private discussion.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    There is an exception to that rule, it's called the Tate Gallery.

...And just for the record I hate conceptual art.....
    If you can't find a single exhibit you like from the Tate's wide ranging collection, then I'd say the issue isn't 'conceptual art'...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    If you can't find a single exhibit you like from the Tate's wide ranging collection,...
    But it's mainly shit though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz is for losers View Post
    But it's mainly shit though right?
    All visual art is like music, different styles for different tastes (a bit like food.)

Just think of all of the people that rubbish miniature sculpting and dioramas etc just because it doesn't suit their tastes (something to think about possibly.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    If you can't find a single exhibit you like from the Tate's wide ranging collection, then I'd say the issue isn't 'conceptual art'...
    Well in fairness, I don't know what paintings they have there, I was perhaps being a little scathing of the gallery itself when my hatred is truly directed at the popular trend towards conceptual art. The paintings I saw at the Tate in St Ives at the time were fucking awful though and stuff I could do myself. The Louvre is my favourite place for art and Carravagio my favourite artist.

Conceptual art takes no skill whatsoever - anyone could do it. Put 5 baboons in a totally white room with some buckets of paint, I guarentee you they will create a piece that can match the quality of the top conceptual artists whoever they may be these days. Give me an hour and I could come up with several excellent ideas. Here's one right now - kids birthday party, cake, balloons, party food all looking very typical. Then in the middle of the room, instead of the bouncy castle you have the kids jumping up and down on the fattest man in the world. Silly idea maybe, but worth a chuckle and exactly the sort of thing these so called "artists" create themselves. That ridiculous light bulb in a white room was valued at £100,000 and got donated somewhere, it was a piece of paper with instructions on how to make the piece of "art"/shite and thats all it was. For £100,000!!!! Now I know the game these people are playing. There is nothing skilled or high brow about it and I'll get to my proof later. They are simply wannabes. They cant paint, draw or sculpt or do anything truly creative but "they want" to be an artist. Hmmm, haven't we all heard 5 year olds screaming "I want!!!I want!!!I want!!!" before? Somehow a market materialised for this sort of thing where incredibly stupid people would pay ridiculous amounts of money for sheep in formaldehyde and the art establishment has played to it for many years. I haven't seen any conceptual art that relies on actual artistic skill to create, there may well be some out there - I don't know!! So when I rant on this subject I am referring to such famous works as the unmade bed and the cans of shit, anything that relies on premade items or other silliness. Damien Hirst summed up the conceptual art business in 2004 with his catalogue essay for Tate Britain: "Why C**ts Sell Shit to Fools". That title alone should expose the truth of this conceptual art "business" (meant in both senses!) for all to see plainly.

Just my 4 cents....

dfb

ps On a mini related side note I believe Kev White ditched his art degree because his normal work wasn't accepted by his tutor but when he produced a piece of shitty conceptual art, the tutor loved it - so he dropped out.

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

One of the reasons I stopped voting on here was because I got so many nasty private messages. So, I decided to just vote 10s on everything and tell the person how great they were even if it wasn’t a good paint job. After that, everyone was happy. Some once told me that a vote of one doesn’t even count on here. Yes, there are some who deserve it.

Quick go vote on mine and tell me how fantastic i am, never mind the paint job. And then add in a random fact about the breeding cycle of a Kakapo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    One of the reasons I stopped voting on here was because I got so many nasty private messages. So, I decided to just vote 10s on everything and tell the person how great they were even if it wasn’t a good paint job. After that, everyone was happy. Some once told me that a vote of one doesn’t even count on here. Yes, there are some who deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardpixie View Post
    Quick go vote on mine and tell me how fantastic i am, never mind the paint job. And then add in a random fact about the breeding cycle of a Kakapo.
    You are quite fantastic! I've not gotten to the paint job yet....And strangely enough, Female Kakapos choose a mate based on the quality of his display; they are not pursued by the males in any overt way. No pair bond is formed; males and females meet only to mate.

(lp says jump, I say 'how high!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    Thats a shame that people have done that to you mate, why not just vote what you truly think and don't bother with a comment? For those people who I have given low scores to I will quite often leave a comment why I think its a 5 or a 4 etc. A couple of people have sent thanks via PM as well. Those who post work that continually scores 4,5 or 6 or whatever should be encouraged to continue posting with some constructive comments, it only takes a couple of minutes now and then. Those who get 9's and 10's who are Golden Demon winners, slayer sword winners etc and who are very good artists don't really need me to say well done its a 10!

I think many people are overly sensitive purely because they have worked hard on it and maybe because they have been looking at for so long they think its great. These people just need reality checks. Not at all difficult to be critical of ones self really. I look at the work of the top people on here frequently, I look at the work of great painters, I look at the top sculptors in the figure industry and then it is very easy to look at my own work and think "sorry son, you've got a long way to go yet......"

dfb

ps the link to my gallery is in the sig and feel free to fly off any tangent you like and write a movie review or a commentary on the weeks weather.....

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

When I get the time I spend a bit going through the gallery voting. I don't feel the need to comment on every piece.... those marked around 4 know that they have a long way to go and those at the other end don't need more people telling them how great they are. Although the saying you pat my back and i'll pat yours may have some effect???
    Anyhoo those that I do comment on are ones where there is obviously something that I feel could be changed and improved, as opposed to " that's a really amateur paint job you need more practice." I'd like to think that my constructive comments are well received, but if they get the hump and snipe my pics... well to be fair it'll just get lost in all the other sniping that goes on anyway.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.