Who made this? - ID thread for miniatures - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Who made this? - ID thread for miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by kendarus View Post
    This one has me stumped. Just from the style of them, I thought they were GW/Citadel mini's from the 90's. I looked through what I cold find of their vampire counts and chaos ranges of the time and came up with nada. Likewise Google searches for ghouls, ghasts, and werewolves came up empty too. Are they plastic or metal? Did you notice any maker's marks on them before you painted them?
    Many thanks for your interest. Minis are metal and, from the style, I don't think they are from Citadel. Surely not from the 90s, because they have integral bases just like Reaper ones. I have bought this miniatures already painted, in a bigger lot, all made of Reaper miniatures, so I thought also these were from the same producer... The seller said they were from Reaper, but he too cannot find their SKU codes.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

My personal page on Lost Minis Wiki

Ah, integral bases helps and definitely rules out Citadel! Reaper only made a few 'unit' type kits for their Warlord game, but those didn't have integral bases either... I'll keep digging. Hobby archaeology is fun!

Now found... they are WGE-322 Ghouls from Crocodile Games' War Gods of Aegyptus (see here).
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

Good find! Glad you were able to put a name and manufacturer to them.

I thought it could be useful to share this with everyone. I also discovered many other fine miniatures from Crocodile Games...

They do look familiar, but I've no idea where I've seen them.

I picked up a box of war machine miniatures. They are Crix. They look pretty hideous except there was this one miniature in the pile different from all the rest. It says PP on the base sprue so I assume it’s privateer press, but I can’t find what it’s called or any pictures of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cryx deathwalker from the old goreshade and dethwalker blister. (both have 2 new iterations, but I like this pose the most of the 3)

Also it looks like it was drowned in undercoat, might be better to strip the undercoat first.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Thanks

I’m trying to decide what to do. I have a sneaking suspicion a prior owner may have sprayed black over an even earlier paint job. The priming of all the figures is wildly inconsistent: flat on parts, gloss on others. Or maybe he just put the mat on so thick it turned gloss

Hello,

I purchased the following plastic miniatures on eBay and I cannot identify them or where they come from. I think they go to some kind of tabletop board game.

Name:  ?_Amoebas_01.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  280.7 KB

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ANSWERED:

It's a Shoggoth from Pandenic: Reign of Cthulhu
    Last edited by Agent23; 07-03-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Got an answer

I also cannot identify this miniature. I believe it is also from a tabletop role playing board game.

Name:  ?_Monster_01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  381.4 KB

I would love to know where it comes from if anyone can help me in this regard. Thanks!