Who made this? - ID thread for miniatures - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who made this? - ID thread for miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
    Well, whoever made it, it's mine now..
    Lucky Girl.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

The dragon has landed, on my desk! He is a bit of a beast actually and is well packaged up. I shall be giving him a good look over for any distinguishing marks this evening. He's a scaly beast, a lot of the horns etc are quite chunky which means that there could be some interesting blending work for me. He reminds me very much of some old alternative armies dragons that I picked up a while ago.

ETA: well the nice guys at Alternative armies have confirmed that this is not one of their dragons. so back to the drawing board..
    Last edited by kittykat23uk; 03-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Okay, here's one. This mini was on ebay, listed as GW, though I know it's not. I know I've seen it before, also, though I have not been able to figure out where. Anyone got a hint for me?

(mainly interested in the armored female on the left. she really looks like a Rackham mini to me, but I couldn't find out anything about her yet)

Name:  $(KGrHqR,!iwE9TbMzSFnBPb732rlDQ~~60_12.JPG
Views: 902
Size:  33.7 KB

It looks like the special edition figure sculpted by Sandra Garrity for
    Dominic Heutelback's "Visons in Color #7". I tried Dominic's old
    website but link is a dead end now.

I don't believe it was ever offered to the general public by Reaper.
    You may be able to track it down thru Reaper, Sandra or Dominic.

Can anyone confirm ?

I was able to find a couple of websites with pics of that mini, one linked here:
    http://minipainting-guild.net/gallery/reaper/vic7.html

I don't think it's the same one, though, unless someone did a lot of converting on it.

Any other ideas?

I think you are right......2 different minis.....

Hello all! I've got a few minis that I haven't been able to identify. Stylistically, 2 of them are definitely from Citadel: I've checked SoLegends and Collecting Citadel Miniatures, but haven't yet found them. The other one, I've no idea what it's from:

Paladin:

Monks:

Some kind of Sea Serpent or alien worm:

Aaand while I'm at it, a Citadel/Marauder Minotaur and some sort of small bloodhtirster or very big bloodletter/beastman:

The first one is a Citadel (Gamesworkshop) Paladin from the 80s.
    The Monks are from a regiment box set by Citadel (GW) from the 80s. Used to come with 3 or 4 different troopers, a standard, musician and a champion.
    The 4th miniature is a minotaur from Citadel (GW) in the 80s. Now about the size of a beastman champion.
    The last miniature is a Citadel (GW) Ogre from the 80s.

I havent a clue about the sea serpent.

Hello

Can You recongize manufacturer of this dragon?

Thanks in advance

Don't know, but I want one!! Awesome dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dken View Post
    Don't know, but I want one!! Awesome dragon!

I bought it recently for about 60USD, and I'm curious that I've overpayed or not

Yeah that was awesome. Never seen it before. I'd pay 60USD for it if the fine details are there if that counts for something!

And another... I switched to another project recently and to my surprise, I found the following miniature in the desk of my former colleague. Whom I never met as I took his job ;-)
    Does anyone know who made this? Pardon me for the terrible quality...

thanks!
    /dimi

Attachment 13019Name:  unknownminiature.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  9.2 KB
    Last edited by echdareez; 05-10-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Problem with the picture?

Pardon me Avelorn, yesterday evening, it showed up ok and this morning I saw that it was converted to an attachment. Bizarre...
    I've just resized the image and converted it to a PNG. And reuploaded it... Hope it works now Thanks so much!
    /dimi

That looks very much like a Rackham figure.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thanks a lot Dragon', indeed, the style is very alike. Didn't think of it... But it's also somewhat bad news : if I'm not mistaken, Rackham doesn't exist anymore? Oh well, let's look around for some catalogues and perhaps I can find a lost copy somewhere on Ebay...
    thanks a lot again!!!
    /dimi

Name:  DSCN4822.JPG
Views: 631
Size:  374.3 KB
    Does anybody know what company made this mini?

Does anyone knows who are these "flaming" guys that I have recently acquired on eBay?
    Any help appreciated... thanks!

The first one I think could be from Ral Partha, but found nothing in my old catalogues.
    The second is bigger than a normal 28mm, about the size of a GW Ogre.

No clues / codes under the integral bases...

Attachment 13892 Attachment 13893
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

My personal page on Lost Minis Wiki