Ogre anatomy

Thread: Ogre anatomy

Default Ogre anatomy

Just looking at the new Thundertusk model. How do you suppose it eats or drinks?
    If it aint broke....break it

yeah, that thing is ridiculous looking.

waterfalls and geysers?

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Large bendy straws
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by simeon6 View Post
    Just looking at the new Thundertusk model. How do you suppose it eats or drinks?
    It doesn't. It's a model.

Reality = Name:  africanelephant.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  84.4 KB

Fantasy = Whatever you can slap on something to make it look intimidating / stupid . (delete as appropriate)

The same issue of unfeasible characteristics was evident in so many episodes of Star Trek (TNG, Voyager and DS9) where a "New Race" had to look different to the usual "Bumpy Heads". I used to look and think what evolutionary advantage does X,Y or Z feature give them.
    eg Nausicans Name:  Nausicaan2.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  58.4 KB
    Whats with the external teeth?
    Surely they are more of an impediment?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

There are enough bizarre, overbred horrors in the world of purebred dogs or fancy fish to justify some uselessly grotesque monsters in Warhammer.

"Boss, I don' wanna feed that thing! It got lefty's other hand yesterday!"

Spot on Dragonsreach.

and all of you curious on what he was referring to and goggled the image
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...02_445x319.jpg
    Last edited by leopardpixie; 09-05-2011 at 05:03 PM.

cheers leopardpixie, i was wondering what the fuss was..all clear now
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

surprised by this, the stone horn is awesome looking, but the thundertusk is just ridiculous, especially for a seb perbet scult, that guys is usually so awesome. i suppose the thundertusk eats from tall trees, but then again, it´s supposed to live in a climat so cold it breathes ice. perhaps some kind of birds? or the heads of polar bears?

Quote Originally Posted by simeon6 View Post
    Maybe the Ogres breeded it to have large tusks to have in battle? Maybe it eats something very specific to the Warhammer world that needs that kind of setup... I think the possibilities are many.
    This is one of the new Ogre models I like the least but that has nothing to do with its eating or mating habits but rather the design.

Blog Entries

It has a huge gob, man. It can probably eat whatever it decides is going to fit in there...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Same with a centaur....a major problem being the age - growth rate differences between horses and humans

The link is to a Stonehorn, the Thundertusk is: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...04_445x319.jpg

The latest WD says that Thundertusks wandered into the Chaos Wastes and became mutated, so there's a chance they might not need to eat anything... Stonehorn probably just munches tree/mountain/other beasts. Or both might be fed by the Ogres?

Blog Entries

AH, in that case, the answer is instantly apparent to me. Sippy cups.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post

The same issue of unfeasible characteristics was evident in so many episodes of Star Trek (TNG, Voyager and DS9) where a "New Race" had to look different to the usual "Bumpy Heads". I used to look and think what evolutionary advantage does X,Y or Z feature give them.
    eg Nausicans Name:  Nausicaan2.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  58.4 KB
    Whats with the external teeth?
    Surely they are more of an impediment?
    I'd probably say it's a mating thing.....there's countless real life species that have pointless parts.

Like this guy:

http://www.livescience.com/15768-gia...iscovered.html

They aren't even sure how it walks.

Blog Entries

A pest renown for it's evil temperament and ability to sting you repeatedly has just been found on a mammoth scale with the added capability to give you a nasty bite... Yeah, f**k that for a game of soldiers...

In the codex it is said that the thundertusk tosses people/beasties up into its mouth from its tusks. hehe

The stone horn munchs on rocks and other minerals that it carves up with its horns

I thought ogres eat everything, and to share human meat with a pack animal? I just don't see it happening, even in fantasy land.

I didn't even know I had to feed my mini's, this is new information