Steveys thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Steveys thread

stevey293

Not very much of an update but getting there. The back of the cloak looks a mess just now i still need to go over it with red then the free handing begins. Not sure if the purple on the pistol works plan was to slighty OSL it after.

Oh and i've not touched the banner as i probably wont be keeping it red.

@meph. Yeah noticed that after i took it and posted them up. I only wanted it to be very slight on the armour but i've worked on it a bit. Thank you.

stevey293

Not happy with where the skin is going looks a bit young and healthy in my opinion so i'll most likely go back and add greys into each stage.

stevey293

Sorry i've been side tracked once again. But its for a really reason...

Wow... that's a really reason indeed....
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Is that a warhound? If so can you tell us how the the casting quality was and how complicated it is looking to assemble? Getting abit of a bonus next month and my Phantom has asked for a playmate!
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

stevey293

Casting was fantastic to be honest. Only 2-4 bubbles in the whole thing and dry fitting it seemed to work ok but i needed more than two hands to check for sure. Legs have been a pain in the arse to assemble so far and i've still not done half the pistons. Painting the interior is going to be a little tricky you'll see how in pictures later on. But for example the cockpit comes in one piece inc the crew.

Oh and yeah its the start of a warhound. Only been sitting in a box for 6 months.

Lol what is it with you people and keeping all the great stuff in boxes for months and months. I went mad when my phantom arrived....

It looks like the chaos one?

Oh and pin like mad, and make sure the legs aren't twisted at an odd angle. The resin will get slighly brittle and warp with age. Just had an old armorcast madcat leg collapse on it self.

I am aprehensive about the feet and the pistons. Getting them just right for posing requires 8 arms. The phantom was the same

stevey293

All been areldite so far. Just as strong as pinning it tbh. It is the chaos one though.

And eeek didn't know they warp! I have every intention in selling it to be honest though.

It takes some time,but if posed running I might want to reinforced the load carrying pieces with brass rod. If the parts are nice and chunky I don't think it is necessary, but if thin I would reinforce.

And sell it...really!! After all the time it took me to build my phantom it would be like selling a child or something.

Will follow the thread with interest, since I'll be building a mars pattern myself soon.
    Last edited by marjedi; 04-17-2012 at 09:22 AM.

stevey293

Already sold im afraid.

Bit of work on a decimator commision im working on. This is among the last commisions im doing ever.

Uhhhh a decimator another lovely fw model, and looks spiffy in Iron Warrior colours

stevey293

Im thinking of getting my own or converting a contemperor to the horny side just because i can. I like the iron warrior colours for it but still think it should be red.

stevey293

Tiny update not as much as id like done.

Woah, impressive. Great pose as well, very intimidating!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Spiffing! Meph is right, the pose is really threatening. Reminds me of... MEGATRONNNNN!!! lol

Kris

stevey293

Is it??? Every time i see it now all i see is it walking down a cat walk.

Its taking quite a big stride to try keeping the centre of gravity lower as its one hell of a top heavy model in appearance only thing i dont like about it.

The catwalk of DOOMMMMMM!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

stevey293

A blast from the past.

Finishing this lot off to flog on.

Apart from anything if i touch silver for a day or two its getting bounched off the wall sick of it!!! Stupid decimator!

stevey293

What do you think to red claws?

Not too shabby, and nice shading as well. Personally I'm more of a fan of metallic claws, but that's just a matter of personal preference.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project