My first Cool Mini miniature posted

Thread: My first Cool Mini miniature posted

Default My first Cool Mini miniature posted

Hey all,

I finally posted up a pic of one of my minis. I'll upload more as time goes buy and I have more time to put them up.

Here is the link for the voting - http://www.coolminiornot.com/287779

Here are 2 shots of the savage orc, there are 2 other angles in the link above. He is my entry into the Australian Golden Demon 2011.

Wow, verra nice!

How long have you been painting?

Thanks Gearhead, I've been painting armies for ages, since the early 1990's when at school. But in 2009 I met some of the good painters here in Australia and decided to get better. Thanks to them I have improved lots in 2 years, basically going from drybrushing and washes/inks to this standard using glazes. I think there are many more things to master but im pretty happy with my progress so far.
    Last edited by agent_venom; 09-18-2011 at 02:33 AM.

looks really cool, great painting!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

I love the naturalistic style that you have here with soft highlights and shadows but I wonder if it is all the paintjob. It looks to me like when you photographed it there was a strong light source coming down from above making it hard to tell what you did and what is just naturally happening. If I am wrong then I am extremely impressed and just have to say keep it up! If its true than I would like to see some better lit photos so that I can see your paint work better. Either way it is nice and smooth with seamless blends and a great execution so either way it is quite nice.

Really good work
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

nice paintwork matched by a great base
    Coolmini.............Cos I'm akward.

yup, good work
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Is this your first? Hard to belive Excelent work and great photography

Thanks for the kinds words guys, I did see that the lighting is dark on the bottom and I'll take some more pics for you this weekend so you can see. I assure you that the shading is my handy work, when I take the other pics you'll see more clearly.

Love that smooth skin! Congrats on your first post, hopefully we'll see plenty more.