CMON site hacked
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMON site hacked

Default CMON site hacked

Wasnt sure where to post this but just opened up the homepage this morning and got this:
    [screenshot redacted]

Man I hate hackers.
    I imagine you are already aware of it though but I thought I would be sure
    Last edited by Chern Ann; 09-26-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Glorification screenshot removed

Wow! I've been on the forums most of the night (insomnia again) and they never even twitched. That's good! But it sucks that the site got hacked.

yeah it happened "a few" minutes ago, were browsin' da gallery, and suddenly POP! same img as you posted..

Our server hosts, Inmotionhosting.com, had all their sites compromised this morning, including our dedicated machines. We're working on restoring service now. Fortunately we have no payment info stored on these machines, and all passwords are encrypted, so your data should be safe.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Blog Entries

My sites too, are hosted on inmotion. The fix was pretty easy though since he scripted something to replace /index files only. Thankfully it just meant restoring everything from an original Joomla install as everything is stored away in a DB.

Everyone OK on CMON Chern?

Everything is fine, but I'm super unhappy that dedicated server customers were addressed last. We'll see what Inmotion has to say on Monday about this mess, we got a dedicated server precisely because we didn't want to have vulnerabilities created by someone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    Everything is fine, but I'm super unhappy that dedicated server customers were addressed last. We'll see what Inmotion has to say on Monday about this mess, we got a dedicated server precisely because we didn't want to have vulnerabilities created by someone else.
    You can tell them that they will be feeling the fist of the DFB if it happens again as well Chern, I was in the middle of doing stuff and couldn't access it for most of the day!!!

dfb

ps on a serious note are these people going to be compensating you for lost business as well !?! And I can imagine you're mad - rip them a new one......

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Blog Entries

Tell me about it, I've been with this school a year (and therefore inmotion) and I have to say, they're pretty lame. 4 outages and hacked via their servers, not my site TWICE now. Very poor.

What did that say Chern? ........ what did they say? (jumping up and down)!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards Inmotion, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Well, I'm glad CMON's back. I was lost yesterday without it. lol! Chern, I hope you get everything worked out with the host. I know I'd be hot too. One idea, another large, very active forum I belong to has an announcement list folks can sign up for so if something happens they can get the word out about status updates to their subscribers. I'm just glad CMON is back.

anyone else had any problems? i can't run chrome, firefox and all my antivirus programs won't load now....
    and it won't let me install new stuff
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    anyone else had any problems? i can't run chrome, firefox and all my antivirus programs won't load now....
    and it won't let me install new stuff
    Flush Cache, delete all cookies.
    All else fails; Nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

looks like it could be fubar'd. way beyond my skill to sort. and i don't have the time to get it sorted down a shop. bollocks
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    looks like it could be fubar'd. way beyond my skill to sort. and i don't have the time to get it sorted down a shop. bollocks
    tough go, hope it sorts out soon!!
    Coolmini.............Cos I'm akward.

Blog Entries

I slept through the whole thing, in typical fashion.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well so far they haven't said a damn thing.

Blog Entries

I bet you they would reply when you threaten to stop using them and take your business elsewhere......

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    I bet you they would reply when you threaten to stop using them and take your business elsewhere......

dfb
    The expression eat hot monkey death would probably be useless then ....................................................
    Coolmini.............Cos I'm akward.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage
    anyone else had any problems? i can't run chrome, firefox...
    Having to use IE or accessing from a different computer?

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage
    Try a system restore, you might get lucky. But back up your data first if you don't already do this regularly!

Einion