Relic Knight Quick Start Rules - Anybody got them ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relic Knight Quick Start Rules - Anybody got them ?

Default Relic Knight Quick Start Rules - Anybody got them ?

I wasn't able to attend Gen Con or other cons where Relic Knight by Soda Pop was demoed this year. However, I read some reviews and watched some videos, and I must say, I'm really intrigued. I was already on the edge with buying some minis, but with what is looking to be a cool game using those too, the choice won't be hard to make.

Anybody got an extra copy of the QSR they could share with me? Or access to a scanner?

Since I started a thread about that game, I should get it to continue! What are your thoughts on this new game coming soon? Tried it? Liked it?

would be good to read them
    As far as I know it will be available for download on the sodapop website like the SDE demo rules. And relative soon.

I've been interested in this as well after having seen some of the Relic knight's on the SPM website. My gaming experience consists of role playing and board games, although I've been wanting to test out a miniatures game for awhile and the sculpts for Relic Knights look fantastic.

I talked to John a couple weeks ago and he said they're working on the pdf for the QSR's. If he sends me a copy I'll paste it up here.

Really enjoyed demoing it at GenCon. Already had a good chunk of the minis anyway so I'm glad I have a fun game to use them in soon. I'm wishing I bought extra card decks though (which came with the rules). Right now only the 4 of us locally that went can play because each person needs their own deck.

How many models are fielded on each side in a typical sized game?

I'm guessing the rules are fairly similar to Malifaux in their density? I.e. each character has a unique set of rules?

saw only hte vid about the demogame, there it was 2vs2.
    normal games having 3-5 models per side.

in the vid it was like: relic knights are about 200pts, others about 100. game is played with about 300-500pts.

Yep it's your standard skirmish game, I checked out a bunch of the videos on youtube as well. Looking forward to this game, I've got all the models so far for the line so I'll be demo'ing locally once the QSR's are released.

I have the quickstart rules, all the basic game mechanics are laid out, but some aspects to the game are omitted, such as the difference between the different ranks of the models.

Would it be kosher for someone to paraphrase the QSR in their entirety? I'd be willing to do that if so. Otherwise, I suppose we can all just look forward to the impending PDF. One thing I will say though, is that there are faction specific spell lists in addition to the spells on the character cards, to which I'm assuming all the masters have access. They are pretty utilitarian, but also have some faction-specific flavor.

I've yet to playtest the game myself, but I absolutely CAN"T WAIT!

so i'd guess a rules preview will be this year's soda pop advent calendar? looking at the updated bios for the characters on maelstrom games i think i can work out for the most part who belongs to which faction with one exception ayu beat anyone got any clues nothing about her screams paladin, codifier or demon but i guess she might fit well with pirates or maybe a speedway(?) or possibly even the mercenaries...though i'd guess mercenaries would work the same way as in malifaux and end up appearing in any of the other factions to

Ayu Beat is currently factionless.

Also wondering if anyone knows about the different factions?

Just ordered one shot and dont see anyone else affiliated with black diamond her group or whatever... Any info would be fun, thanks!

Currently there are 6 factions and 2 "Unaffiliated" Figures
    Black Diamonds
    Cerci Speed Circuit
    Codifiers
    Noh Empire
    Order of the Shattered Sword
    Star Nebula Corsairs

So far most factions have at least three releases so you can use most of them for faction pure QSR games or merge "affiliated" figures for games.

For my Demos I use a Corsairs/Noh team (Zuneda/Spite, No Berzerker, Squall)and a Speed Circuit/Shattered Sword team (Navarre, Isabeau, Rin Farrah)

Ayu Beat and the Candy & Cola figures are not part of any Faction.
    By the same token though I do not believe they have game stats yet either.

Ray

They are LE models though so it's possible they won't have game stats. Not saying you can't homegrow something though...

Understood.

Just hoping since she is the company mascot we might get a neat bak story for her (with or without stats) is Cola a Cypher?

Ray

I would really like to see some demo cards and rules for this game. There seems to be just enough info about the game to get it on peoples' radar... But without any rules to look over or demo stuff to goof with, it may get passed up for other games.
    Just my opinon.

I hope to see something soon. It really does look like a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimao View Post
    I would really like to see some demo cards and rules for this game. There seems to be just enough info about the game to get it on peoples' radar... But without any rules to look over or demo stuff to goof with, it may get passed up for other games.
    Just my opinon.

I hope to see something soon. It really does look like a good game.
    There was demo rules and battle decks as a promotional release at GenCon and PAX Prime. There are people that have them out there, but I am sure we will see more exciting things for Relic Knights in 2012

The bio for candy and cola has them associated with cerci speed way i assumed they were part of that group with ayu beat being the only unaffiliated mini

Annichka

I picked up a lot of extra decks with the quick start rules in them while I was at PAX and GenCon. Wouldn't mind parting with a few of them to a few others. As long as you don't mind that the decks have been opened/ looked at.