Liquid Green Stuff Review

Thread: Liquid Green Stuff Review

Default Liquid Green Stuff Review

After a weekend of playing with green stuff, I have written up an article on my experiences and research. The full article can be found here.

Check it out, let me know what you think and if you have any critiques, experiences or opinions I'd love to hear them.

LilLoser

Thanks for that assesment, very interesting and along the lines I had suspected.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Helpful review there. Deffo won't buy it now. Seems silly if you can't sand it. I'll stick to super glue and baking soda for gaps methinks
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Excellent review
    Supervike: "There's no purpose to this, besides something to do..."

Good review. I'm surprised you didn't mention Squadron White or Green Putty as an alternative though.

Lovely review, thanks for posting.

Cheers for the feedback and compliments guys. I've amended the article with a few things i've picked up on the forums (banged my head against my desk when I realised I forgot to add squadron green putty).

LilLoser

Thanks for that, interesting read. It has pretty much exactly the drawbacks I was expecting - shrinks when drying, doesn't sand well.
    This kind of product is ideally suited to people who can't be arsed to fill properly... and who want to pay too much for the privilege

Einion

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    ideally suited to people who can't be arsed to fill properly... and who want to pay too much for the privilege
    Haha! Haven't tried this particular product, but I do have a bottle of Vallejo Plastic Putty, which has basically the same properties. The one thing I find it most useful for, is if I find forgotten imperfections when I've already started painting. I might not want to go to town on them, as I would if I had spotted them prior to priming. But a small amount of plastic putty can make them less obvious in the end result. Otherwise, I use a proper putty and do the proper prep work!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

milliput keeps me putty happy......thanks for the great review
    Coolmini.............Cos I'm akward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual
    Haha! Haven't tried this particular product, but I do have a bottle of Vallejo Plastic Putty, which has basically the same properties. The one thing I find it most useful for, is if I find forgotten imperfections when I've already started painting. I might not want to go to town on them, as I would if I had spotted them prior to priming. But a small amount of plastic putty can make them less obvious in the end result.
    I actually do something very similar myself every now and then when I've missed something, just don't use a commercial paint-on filler for it. And much as I'm loath to do it (just a hangup, not a real no-no) you can fill on top of primer with epoxy putty.

Einion