bit of this and that
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bit of this and that

Default bit of this and that

so. it´s been golden demon and it was fun. but as soon as it was over, i got around to starting other stuff. first and foremost, i´ve been working on a gift for a ladyfriend, i think it´s some of the best stuff i´ve done and i felt really creative working on it. other than that i´ve been putting some time into a diorama for next gd. is fuun! sorry for my hand by the way, but ssomehow achieved some nice contrast with it. hope it doesnt bother yall too much. more pics on the way anyways
    Name:  wh2008.jpg
Views: 2955
Size:  155.9 KBName:  wh2009.jpg
Views: 2929
Size:  153.8 KB
    Last edited by ischa; 10-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.

progress!

Name:  wh2010.jpg
Views: 2898
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  wh2011-1.jpg
Views: 2905
Size:  72.6 KB
    Last edited by ischa; 10-04-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Seems like a nice paint job, although bigger pictures would be nice. ^^
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

photobucket´s messing with me:P
    this better? first try on see through fabrics, sorry for the background^^Name:  wh2013.jpg
Views: 2893
Size:  470.6 KB

Blog Entries

Ahh, proper colours lol. Wings look nice so far, are you going to wash in the details, because painting all those lines in the feathers sounds like it would be hazardous to your health!!

Also is that a beer glass you are using for your paint water??!!! Beer glasses are for beer ischa!!!! What you need is a genu--ine dfb water jar like this ---http://www.coolminiornot.com/212097 lol.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

i never wash, only blend and highlight:P and no, it´s not a paint glass, it´s one for drinking water, i actually use the gw paint pot for some reason:P love that jar tho dfb, do you sell them? speaking of, i decided to start doing commisions, so if anyone´s interested, give me a shout=)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    i never wash, only blend and highlight:P and no, it´s not a paint glass, it´s one for drinking water, i actually use the gw paint pot for some reason:P love that jar tho dfb, do you sell them? speaking of, i decided to start doing commisions, so if anyone´s interested, give me a shout=)
    That nurgle one was a commission after someone spotted my octopuss one I did for myself, but it is cool I guess having a custom jar. I prefer the ones I did for my sculpting tools personally. I sold the lizardman one to a CMON'er in Germany. No one else has asked for any so I don't sell them as such although if someone wanted one I would consider it if I had no other projects lined up, although thats a rarity lol as I have buckets of ideas, and buckets of minis to paint.... and of course an entry to start planning for GD 2012 as well as upping my painting game to actually stand a snowball in hells chance of getting somewhere...

dfb

My Gallery Here

Blog Entries

Jus noticed - that was my 1000th post.

dfb

My Gallery Here

congrats there, but now you had to ruin it by making a 1001th i really like the jars=)

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    i never wash
    Personal hygiene should not be ignored!

Seriously though... Looks good. Would like to see a proper photo from the front (big enough, and without the yellow tint). The only thing I really dislike is the hideous pre-made base design that Darksword have. Are you going to bury it in something better-looking?
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

oh yes i will, the base will be spectacular=) personal hygiene is overrated. occasionally i step ouside when it rains and brush myself with moss.

now there´s the base, allmost finished=) still crappy light but you can see the base, and that´s what i´m after:P

Name:  wh2019.jpg
Views: 2822
Size:  421.3 KBName:  wh2020.jpg
Views: 2824
Size:  420.2 KB

oh man you work faaaaast... hmm you need to do something about that almighty powerful yellowness though, it destroys most of the paintjob...

well, inspiration really helps, doesnt it?:P guess i should switch the lightbulbs i work under. anyhow, i´ll try to fix some decent lighted pics. is the one from behind better? the one of the loincloth, that is.

I love everything about this mini. I want one just like it! Absolutely adore the watery base. Is it some sort of plastic you melt down or something else?

i´m loving it too, and it´s about to be finished=) it´s probably the mini i´ve had the most fun making and painting ever! the water is mady by layering gw watereffects mixed with a drop of hawk turquise. probably hard to tell from the pics, but the stones form a heart and the green bushies form the letter S, which is also on the wings of the red butterflies. like making those hidden things:P

Looks very good! Now, get yourself some daylight bulbs!

Bra jobbat!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

i know it´s annoying to try and get some sence out of my pics, i really need to get some equipment:P moving into a bigger appartement in december, i´ll by some then. sadly i gave the angel away before i could get any decent pics, everything happens so fast here thinking of making another one anyways, had buttloads of fun with it and now i realise how crappy gws minis are! took a few pics anyways, hopefully you can see what i did with the base and some basic colourwork. Name:  wh2025.jpg
Views: 2744
Size:  187.3 KBName:  wh2024.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  190.2 KB

That's so lovely, I want to buy one to send one to you. How affordable are your painting services? :P

i really have no clue, but i am rather cheap since i´m a beginner to this, and also i´m rather nice add me at ischa_91_2@hotmail.com for a chat and more info=)
    Last edited by ischa; 10-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.