bit of this and that - Page 21
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: bit of this and that

Great work ischa, I especially like the freehand work on the upper legs and the colours on the face.
    The cape and fur on the reverse seems a slightly lower standard to the front?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Wow the level of detail you've got into this is amazing!

cheers for the comments guys. zab, shame i never paint the same mini twice yeah i thought so too ten, but skels told me to keep the wolf as is. it´s one of the parts i´m not so sure about.

Good work, hope that you have some time outside now when it is so warm and nice Looking forward too some new works bye you during autum when we all get stuck inside again....
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Heh. No posting here for about 3 months, shame on me=(

Well, so I started working on a BIG project, probably my biggest one yet. Hope it won't get the best of me.
    It will involve some sculpted and converted nurgle fellas attacking an empire village, and Archaon converted into an empire general coming to the rescue.
    I´m not sure what to do about the roof. Hoping to be able to sculpt it myself, but may resort to using the roof off an empire chapel i had lying around. Any tips on that?

Name:  IMG_2229.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  1.80 MB

Wow that's gonna be huge! off to a nice start already. I really like the street lamp and is that part of Horus's base I see in the corner?

Quite the diorama. I like the beginning!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Ischa Go GO nice to see posting again, will be looking forward too your updates here

/K

Blog Entries

Balsa shingles for the roof? Or maybe thatch made from straw or some such? Do you always put down grass tufts first?

only to cover stuff up demi nah, i rarely use them, but in this case i´m going for a specific effect, with a meadow style grass floor, and a bunch of grit. the ground is also already covered in plaster textures.

about the roof, straw is a good idea, but my problem is rather how to build it up around the cork and music box. maybe i should just pick up some balsa wood to build something like an extension. like this:
    http://binouse49.deviantart.com/art/...se-2-336978264

damn it, didn't even think about crossbeams, that would be awesome. gonna have to go pick up some ice creams!!

will definitely consider straw, now that i think about it, cheers=))

cheers everyone else for the comments by the way. i´m looking forward to getting work done on this=)

pretty! sooooo much work though, you should get an airbrush to paint this!

have you pointed out the minis to use yet?

yeah sure skels=) planning to use my sculpted nurgle monster, two or three blight kings and an archaic converted into an empire general!

first mini done for it, love these minis.

Name:  IMG_2232.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  1.03 MB
    Name:  IMG_2244.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  915.7 KB

ah, so you bought the set? good for you! sure looks nurgle enough! i suspect these blown up pictures doesnt make him much justice.
    we have to try fixing a painting day soon.

oh and he have something on his spike (on the shoulder... lol) just tellin'

I like the semi gloss effect iver the skin you have there. Is that just the inks or are you putting something else over it to look all slimy?

Blog Entries

That white porridgy skin looks really good.

yeah i had to skels. there are just zoo many nice bits in the set, love it! noticed the thing on his shoulder. about paint days, i´m free from school after next thursday! so pretty much any time=)

stuarth, the shine comes from inks indeed, the metals are basically shaded down with mainly inks, while the skin, wood, cloth etc, are only glossy where there are open wounds.

Been a while since i posted again:P lost my login, and realized it was an opportunity to stay off the internet for a while

Anyways, the dio is coming along. Got a little music box and fluttering light in the back of the house. hoping to find a way to open it in the back to change batteries etc. also ordered a bigger scenic base from sockelmacher, in order to make it a slightly bigger scene from a harbor, with some water effects. also changed the opponents, gonna have a verminlord and some stormvermin instead of the plague knights.

Big scene takes many hours:P Hope you like the progress and sorry for the pics.

Name:  IMG_2467.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  564.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2468.jpg
Size:  862.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2471.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  1.41 MB
    Name:  IMG_2469.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  IMG_2470.jpg
Size:  951.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2474.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  1.85 MB

There you are nice work as always. Will be nice to see it when you finish it. Very nice freehand on that "banner"