bit of this and that - Page 16
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: bit of this and that

it looks something like this, at least gw:s artwork. i like mine more i tried to make it a bit warmer, and with more human features=) the sculpt is kinda cool, but not realistic at all.

thanks for the comments everyone!

Name:  m2130078a_99120207019_CovenThrone02_873x627.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  22.6 KB

Isn't it interesting how much you can change the whole look of a sculpture with a different paint job? Lovely work, sir.

indeed it is! that´s why i still paint minis

i´ll probably put this on a horse tbh, the big wagon thing is awful.
    Name:  IMG_1311.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  380.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1314.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  606.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1317.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  363.7 KB

loving this very mini though any tips for a nice horse to put it on?

The corsette is nice and I have to agree...I like yours better than GWs.

great job ischa, like the colors a lot. what about one of the "new" skellyhorse from the black knights box? (a bloodknight horse would be cool but not very economic...)

if youre into it we could share a box

not that fond of the blood kniggets tbh. but i do like me some black ones! may be a lot of work scraping the legs off the horsie, but hey, what to do. i´m up for it!

Love those eyes!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

thanks 10=) there´s a tutorial for those on page 14:P pics got better since then tho...

Like yours much better than GW version. Theirs are to cartoon for me.

got me a horse!

really enjoying making this mini, time flying by!
    the horse brought some tough converting as i had to cut the rider away. not too much green stuffing however, and the vampire suits the horse, according to me.

tried a intricate pattern on the cloth for the first time, tricky and time consuming, but did it in one sitting:P hope you like it so far!Name:  IMG_1336.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  788.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1343.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  506.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1348.jpg
Size:  662.7 KB

suits the mini well me thinks! only thing im nog totally sure of is the weapon choice, i believe some kind of pointy sword have suited better. she doesnt look like that kind of lady which carry a lance to battle. but i have to see it irl

easy to change=) i just realy like the way it added some movement to the piece! and also hides how kinda huge that hand is

Blog Entries

man, this is looking really nice. I love the high contrast so far too.

The purple cloth came out nice on the horse. What are the plans for the base?

no plans so far! nothing special though. a bit of nice undervegetation, bit raised. may do some cobweb or similar. rats maybe! not scilpting anything unless i turn it into a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    got me a horse!

really enjoying making this mini, time flying by!
    the horse brought some tough converting as i had to cut the rider away. not too much green stuffing however, and the vampire suits the horse, according to me.

tried a intricate pattern on the cloth for the first time, tricky and time consuming, but did it in one sitting:P hope you like it so far!Name:  IMG_1336.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  788.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1343.jpg
Size:  506.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1348.jpg
Size:  662.7 KB
    awesome paintwork and a superb level of detail, with her expression though maybe you could have her inadvertently crashing through a fence into a field of garlic cloves

Quote Originally Posted by terroroy View Post
    awesome paintwork and a superb level of detail, with her expression though maybe you could have her inadvertently crashing through a fence into a field of garlic cloves
    I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.
    Pictures of my models at www.photobucket.com/t0phat

Quote Originally Posted by terroroy View Post
    That would be fun!!

that is actually a good idea:P hard to make it effectful though. cloves are tiny and would be smaller than grains of sand made in scale. and garlic plants really just look like any weed. i fear the effect would be lost and the piece would just look confusing. could think of something like a cross!