Death Korps of Krieg on patrol

Thread: Death Korps of Krieg on patrol

Default Death Korps of Krieg on patrol

Well here is another of my recent works. It was my entry in to the Australian Golden Demon 2011 and I was very lucky to get a gold for thid little piece.

This was put together in two weeks so there are somethings that are not perfect, but I had so much fun painting this little piece I dont mind the flaws in it. I'll work on them next time.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/290273

My only crit is that the osl on the barrel is a bit harsh and blue. Otherwise, great, fab weathering and the dog is brill!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Absolutely looove it, so much character. The dog is ace and the krieg dudes themselves well painted. If gw ever made plastic krieg troops they would sell millions
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Yes, that is really well done, and well deserved win!

Segmentum Solar Terra Northern Hemisphere

where is the rat with the gasmask from? like your dio very much!
    you found a spelling error up there? you may keep it for your collection!

Segmentum Solar Terra Northern Hemisphere

ehm, the "dog" with the gasmask....
    you found a spelling error up there? you may keep it for your collection!

its good and i might be just being retarded but when i first loked at it something seemed wrong with the dude standing ontop of the block. on closer inspection his heel is completely off and hes standing on his toes. again that might not be anything but it seems unnatural

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't have much experience painting OSL and I decided at last minute to put it on as it looked strange without it. I'll have to work harder at getting a better OSL effect, I just need more practice.

The gas mask dog is from the bretonnian archers sprue, I just sculpted the mask and apparatus on his face. It was deceptively simple work.

In reguards to his foot, his heel is planted right on the edge of the block, there is a cut away behind his left heel there that gives the impression that his heel is floating. I can take a shot of it if you like to show what I've done here... I guess in hindsight I should have rotated him a little more to make it less confussing to view. My poor photos don't help either. I had started this about 2 weeks before GD and didn't really have heaps of time to consider all the negatives of my placement. But you're right it does look strange in the photos.

Love the DKoK stuff! I gotta paint more of it. Good work here for sure, some good points have been made. Well done and grats on the win!

wot a great effort, in only a couple of weeks. luv the dog. Although it must be hard to use binoculars with those gas masks.