Article: A box workstation for painting: design process and bodging carpentry

Thread: Article: A box workstation for painting: design process and bodging carpentry

Default Article: A box workstation for painting: design process and bodging carpentry

bloody marvelous article! You seem to have exactly the same approach to building stuff as I (and ork mekboys) do. Build what you need, to do the job you need it to do. Very entertaining read, too Good show

Blog Entries

Good article. Especially like the Universal Correction Tool. My great grandfather called that a Screwdriver, though.

Way too funny! The best thing I have read this week!

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

You've got some long term problems there. You've got MDF which is fairly stable screwed to wood which will expand and contract based on humidity - mostly tangentially, but there will be some longitudinal movement. Your better joint would be to cut a dado near the bottom of the wood and free float the MDF inside of that with about 1/8" clearance.

True, Airhead, but with no mains power, no visible table saw, and no router, dado cuts would have been difficult to execute. Also, if this thing warps a little, it can be easily replaced/remade in the future. Perhaps, being inside the house, it won't be exposed to too much variation on humidity and temperature.

Excellent article, i think it'll work just fine.

Very inspiring...