Moe's Random and Chaotic Wonderland. - Page 25
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Moe's Random and Chaotic Wonderland.

Thats a good idea. Not sure yet really. The whole thing has been just doing stuff as i go. In fact the whole adding gears/texture was a whole "why not?" moment. I was thinking of adding some worms/tentacles/maggots/zombie parts to some of the bases later too maybe. My sculpting skills are not nearly even close to yours on that note. We shall see. I still have to finish painting the mini's too.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

I've been working on a lot of stuff and work has been weird to say the least. But I'm gearing up for stuff so I am limited to what i can post. Speaking of Wyrd I did finish a Rasputina crew for a friend:

With snow:

Family Photo:

C and C welcome.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

Brush Brother Moetle

Nice work Moe the bases fit well for an ice theme, I see she doesn't like to move about too much with the snow build up on her hat and shoulders
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

The highlights on her cheeks are spot on. I like the snow build up, but it seems too much on the hat...actually looks deeper than the accumulation on the ground. Good to see some posts from you.

Blog Entries

good to see a post from you sir. I see an e2046 box behind her, is that next?

I think the ice guys are a leeetle too blue for me. The bases have that perfect glacial tone to them so would've liked to see that continued over. But overall, the quality and details can't be disputed! Stay frosty!

Im very impressed with the ice/snow bases. With Chrispy on the blues are a bit dark/strong but the blending and overall look is a winner
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

@WSG- Thanks. The snow on the hat was my friends request
    @KB- Thanks.
    @Milosh- Thanks. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. The airbooth sucks all the warm air out of the paint room.
    @Chrispy-Thanks. Yeah they are too blue. I'm going to try to match the next set I do with the bases better.
    @10Ball-Thanks a lot !

So I took everyone's advice to heart on doing blood and bought some Tamiya clear red. For the record, this stuff looks, smells, and has the same consistancy of cough syrup. No i didn't taste it, but i did think about it Other than that it is pretty great stuff. I watched a Vid by Lester Bursley about mixing blue and/or purple in it and I love how it comes out. Messing with that stuff game me the opportunity to finish my Malifaux Pandora crew as well.

After putting the pics on the comp I realized I didn't get the safety pin on baby kade, pandora's earrings, and candy's hair barrets. Fixed now but i didn't want to redo the pics.

Of course...Pics or it didn't happen.

Backside of the doppleganger was the test target:

Front pics in the family photo.

One of my favorite mini's of all, Baby Kade:

Love that little guy!

His sister Candy:

And the family Photo:

C and C welcome.
    Last edited by moetle; 01-22-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Brush Brother Moetle

These look great Moe the skin tones look spot on

Great work. Those minis are quite creepy and the blood looks really good.
    "Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back."
    - Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

My new painting blog - Brath's Paint Shop

Nice and gory. The tiny guys are just great. Where did you get this minis from?

Thanks guys!

@Alexandra They are the metal Pandora crew box set plus a couple of additions, from Wyrd miniatures. They have something for everyone, and the new plastics are very detailed.

Brush Brother Moetle

Blog Entries

That Doppelganger is creepy, awesome, but creepy. I want to see her from front right or left.

Ahh, the family photo! . Looks good Moe.

@Demihuman- Thanks. I keep forgetting to take a pic. I'll get it next time

@KB-Thanks!

Working on a couple Malifaux crews. Almost done with McMourning's and Sonniia's and trying out some new methods I've ready about. Anyways here are "The Hanged" i finished tonight:

Hope to have both the crews finished this weekend.

Brush Brother Moetle

Looking good Moe the skin tone looks great

I broke down and purchased a few of the new plastic Malifaux kits. For the most part the kits are pretty good. There are some complaints I have about the two kits I have assembled, but it is more from a technical standpoint. They are nicely detailed with some REALLY small parts.

I must say though that i still like some of the metals over some of the plastics from an artistic point of view. For example the metal alt Rasputina looks like she is about to open a big can of woop ass VS the new on that looks like she is too cold to be the "ice witch". The new plastic golem on the other hand is way better looking than the old one.

Anyways, I put together the new "Children of December" and the "Claw and the Fang" kits. As of writing this they are both primed and as i wait for the paint to dry on one I work on the other. I only have a couple of WIP pics though.

Also you guys will be proud. I started a mini and stuck with it till i was done! A co-worker asked me to paint a "merlin" type in blue for her 7 year old's birthday coming up. How could i say no?

I permanently borrowed the idea for Myranda up in a "tree base" from Tombanjo on the malifaux forums. I wanted an old nasty looking tree, but able to withstand some abuse. I ended up making the shape from brass rod and a hot glue gun. (the tree looks better with paint on it):

Children of December all put together. The gamin are very very small.

As i was working on the weezard, I spent some time on the 3 headed kitty:

I also stole Zab's flower Idea. I want to have some jungle bases for the claw and fang. I figure that was a good start.

And finally the Wizard for the birthday (the glue isn't dry on the leaves but it is done i swear!)

C and C welcome

Moe

Brush Brother Moetle

Blog Entries

That's one lucky 7 year old!

Nice stuff. I have that angry looking version of Rasputina where she is rising up on her cape with her arms outstretched - The Lady Inquisitor does that sometimes... No idea what that is about o_O That wizard turned out awesome. The flowers came out nice and I will be stealing your hot glue for sure, so I thank you for that idea sir
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

All looking great there bud, especially like the girl in the tree and the patterning on the kitty