Your favorite miniatures

Thread: Your favorite miniatures

Default Your favorite miniatures

Hello everyone, I was looking around on the CMON shop for minis for my next project. So far I've only painted gw miniatures and I think it's time for something else. The CMON shop is packed with miniatures and it's so hard to decide which ones to buy. So I 'me wandering, what is your favorite model? If you have to choose one model you really think one should paint, what model would that be?

For me it's Dark Age's Mongo. Haven't dared paint it yet.

Blog Entries

I'm liking the Avatar of War figures. I am currently painting Bor Dragonbane and have a Dwarf Hero, Orc Warlord, and Dark Elf Hero waiting in the wings.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

my favorite is the sodapop-Mayla-n-Tomn, but the figure a lot of painters seem to paint is the 54mm Yarry from Enigma minis.

I'd suggest trying something wildly different to GW rather than as similar as AoW. For example, the Hasslefree stuff, they can look so simple in comparison but are a refreshing change to paint. Easy to blast through for the satisfaction of actually completing something with plenty of room for fancy pants blending or freehand should it take your fancy. Plus you won't have to paint any skullz or deal with swapping out F***C**t multiple times to get an acceptable cast

Also, should you get a couple done by the new year, you could submit them into the Platoon Britannica HF contest in order to snag more goodies!

Whatever you choose, have fun! There's a wonderful array of minis out there for the adventurous shopper

I don't have a specific fave to point to, I want them all!

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Well said!

I think this simple statement sums it up for 99.9% of the people that share this hobby!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Of course, I think it is more about picking something that the OP could look at, as he said 'one'. Of my own favorites, I could add Epic Haley, Spyglass/Eolith's 54mm Autumn and many others (including GW ones, but they are excluded by OP).

Cheers, B.
    That. Although always been a fan of the jmd demon
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I'll have a second bat...

Emilia "Foxy" Foxwell sculpted by Andrew Rae for his new venture Statuesque Miniatures. I don't own one yet as he was out of stock last time I shopped due to being swamped with orders. I think it's a nice piece with room for patterning on the trousers, plenty of flesh to play with, nicely sculpted hair and the basing is made easy I think it achieves the balance between pulpy cheesecake and threat very well too.

Are you aware of the favourites section for users? I think it might be paid up "Premium" members only but if you click on their user name, then View Profile, then select the About Me tab, you'll be able to see entries in the Gallery that the user has marked as a fave. Assuming they've utilised the function of course! I tried it for a while to help me easily locate reference pieces but it's a neat way to nip about and see what people like Gives you a different mix to the Gallery top 20 last week or just filtering by score.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Hasslefree and Darksword are the my two favorites. Lots of very nice and reasonable models.

I couldn't pick just one mini, actually I could but it would be pretty arbitrary and meaningless as a result. I can however firmly plug Enigma's stuff, many pieces are intriguing, excellently sculpted and they're generally well cast from what I've seen.

I'll have a second bat...

Love that too, stonking sculpt.

Einion

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
    If you have to choose one model you really think one should paint, what model would that be?
    Going to go out on a limb:- Malifaux's Lucius
    A simple sculpt with a lot of potential for working tones and highlights.
    Name:  WYR1027_500.jpeg
Views: 240
Size:  43.4 KB
    Or of course the Hasslfree Pirate sculpted by Tom Mier
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

thanks for sharing your miniatures. I especially like the darksword miniatures. Think I'll get myself some of those!

I love Studio Mcvey's minis. Not talking about sedition wars, though those are awesome. But the limited resin line minis are beautifully sculpted and really make painting them a joy, plus they just look so great.

Anything by Werner Klocke, Freebooter or Reaper sculpts.

I have a thing for smaller minis this month so my choices would be any of these:

Rackham - The Crow

Wyrd - Baby Kade

Freebooter - Moby Dugg

But in reality I love most minis.

Quote Originally Posted by squidders View Post

Rackham - The Crow ----- Excellent miniature - Rarer than Hens teeth now though.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.