Super Dungeon Explore community paint thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Dungeon Explore community paint thread.

Default Super Dungeon Explore community paint thread.

It's a big box, lots of stuff. Let's all get together and try to push each other toward painting that box load of minis.

For starters, I finished Candy and Cola today.

Spawners were the first things I worked on.

First Whelp I started... then looked at the card and realized they were red. Guess I'll be fixing this on the rest of them.

"Hey hon, I'm going to paint the Barbarian tonight."
    - "...but I was going to paint that."
    "Maybe I'll just paint the Ranger then"
    - "...But..."
    "The Ember mage?"
    *greeted with a very possessive motherly glare*

So yeah. I get to paint the guys... and then back to the monsters and chests.

MANY WHELPS! Handle them!

Ha ha, these are great. I'm seriously considering getting this game; have you been playing it at all or are you still in the painting stage only?

Hah! those look mighty funny. Great job on the manga-eyes!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Eisenhorn View Post
    Ha ha, these are great. I'm seriously considering getting this game; have you been playing it at all or are you still in the painting stage only?
    A little of both. the game holds up surprisingly well and plays really fast. It's a little light on rules, but still has room for some strategy. In short, it's easy enough for my wife to play, but has enough depth for me to enjoy. At the very least the minis are fun to multipurpose. I bought the dwarf fighter a long time ago to play in D&D, but somehow the druid captures how much I loathe anything d20.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hah! those look mighty funny. Great job on the manga-eyes!
    The eyes are honestly the most fun part to paint. It's almost like freehanding except that the pupils are on a raised surface. On the paladin, I noticed that they're not quite the same shape on both of them so you have to get a little creative to make them look even.
    Last edited by Bloodshovel; 11-24-2011 at 09:06 AM.

How does the actual game play? I have been curious about this, but I can't tell if the hype is just for the minis, or if the game itself is actually any good.

I have playedabout six times now, three times at 16 bit but not at SUPER! Yet.

So far I have to agree with bloodshovel, simple enough that the non-gamer can get into with some assistance and the gamer can kind of kick back and enjoy the slaughter. Dont let the cutsie thing fool you this game has got serious bodycounts happening. Over all super fun, and besides the rules being somewhat confusing to read, the game flows really well.

@bloodshovel: dood those minis look sweet, is that just base coat+wash? Becuase the smoothness is really nice and the eyes on the paladin are excellent. Great Job!

most of them ARE basecoat + wash... + drybrush + drybrush + wash to tighten up a couple of spots.

The only exception to this is the ANGRY BEAR! and the Druid's white cloak/headdress-thing. They were both Primed Grey, with a 2nd coat of white spray primer only from the top to give them a gradient. The Drybrushed white on ny raised features (mostly the little "fur patches" of Vs on them, then A little bit of washing and blending under the "fur patches" with secret weapon Concrete wash.

I feel like I need to go back in and clean up the paladin's armor a little, but it's a lot of detail for such a small space.

very dinky, the manga eyes are very good..better not let my daughter see these lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

meh, one Kobold Ogre done.

Anywho, I was really hoping other people would use this thread too. As much hype as this game got, I'm surprised I haven't seen any more on the forums.

/envy

I won't even have time to paint them this year.

I've been trying to speed paint through a lot of these kobolds, but when I came across the Ironscales, I realized I couldn't speedpaint them Their face details are really shallow and hard to figure out, so I spent a bit of time freehanding it to build back yup what I think was the face.

How does this look?

Looks cute... and menacing, weird combo, but gooood.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

First six down, sixteen to go! Gonna try to have them finished(or at least all but one unit type) by the weekend.

quick test for the flingers. I'm kinda torn on the bandage color, but figure I should just hurry up and knock out the other 3 so I can move on to the last 12.

alrighty... only 6 more Kobolds to go after this. I need to de-flash them and use some heat to straighten the spears though. I'm begining to feel like I'm painting Orks again... which is kind of soul destroying.

Newbie, please be gentle veknoid's Avatar

What colours are you using on the Kobolds skin?

P3 Khador red base with a Citadel Ogryn Flesh wash. Hilight back to Khador base red, black-wash the mouth.

Newbie, please be gentle veknoid's Avatar

Very nice. I really like the colouring. I should have asked before too but what about the caps on the knuckleheads?
    I rather like your clean simplicity on them. I think it really suits.

sorry for the late reply.

p3 gun corps brown washed with citadel Devlan Mud.