Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1043

Thread: Alexis WIP Waarhammer

looking good! can't wait to see all the fully painted nurgle minis together!
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

Red face

Hi everyone!! Finally, I'm back to the forum. Having a baby really changed routines around here and only now I'm putting all back on track. Not that I've stopped painting: I just wasn't able to keep the posting up to date.<br>
    <br>
    So, if you are curious you can check it out in my site https://amaolivre.wordpress.com/ and I'll start posting WIP for you to comment real soon

Good to see you back. I understand the baby thing. After five years i was starting to get back into a painting routine....then another new borne!

Great to see you back
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thanks guys. Congrats on the new baby Krule
    Just to give you a sniff of what I've been painting - storm raptor for warmachine:
    Name:  IMG_8040-1.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  437.1 KBName:  IMG_8046-1.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  297.8 KB

And next in line is a skaven abomination
    By the way, why is a spam message appearing when I try to post with pics?? Am I doing something wrong??
    Last edited by Alexandra; 12-17-2017 at 12:50 PM.

that looks great, really nice balance of colour.

Wonderful feather work welcome back!!!

Nice work. Welcome back! nah the spam thing will resolve itself next time you post. sign in and sign out it should be fine. Happens to us all at some point.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

That’s an awesome mini and you’ve painted it brilliantly. Very impressive, looking forward to the skaven

The spam problem seems to be a reoccurring issue the past six months. BTW it looks like you may have leveled up during your period of not posting.

Loving all the Nurgle gruesome-ness and eagle is fantastic too. I'm having the same problem posting pics, very annoying.

Thanks all.
    So, first pics for the skaven. I was asked to do the dairy cow version of it, so I airbrushed the base colors and started to work on the whites and flesh tones. Still have to clean up some of the red around the stitches and cuts but I think it's a good start.

Name:  IMG_1986.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  1.57 MBName:  IMG_1987.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  1.66 MB

That's a big project! Not a fan of the mini, for me that's the main reason I don't do commission work, just CAN NOT paint something that I don't connect with.

On another note, what blues did you use for the Eagle?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    That's a big project! Not a fan of the mini, for me that's the main reason I don't do commission work, just CAN NOT paint something that I don't connect with.

On another note, what blues did you use for the Eagle?
    If it's not uniforms and WWII, I don't complain. To be honest, I love the rotten like minis because it gives me a bit more freedom to experiment with glazes and blends. Everyone as it's thing, I guess

I gave it first a base coat with airbrush, blending black, vallejo steel blue and basic blue. Then I higligthed the black with a mix of gw xereus purple and black, then just purple. The blues, I started with a mix 2:1 of steel blue and basic blue, then 1:1 of steel blue and basic, then just basic, mix basic with white until I arrived to the ice blue tone.

So, done a bit more on the skaven but still not finished the black. I'll probably do the middle tone, assemble everything and then do the glazes and highlights.

Name:  IMG_1993.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  1.17 MBName:  IMG_1994.JPG
Size:  1.05 MBName:  IMG_1995.JPG
Size:  1.10 MB

I like the mottle pattern at the skin transition. Very nice.

Yeah, it's like a milk cow but at least is a different approach from GW. I also like how it looks and I'm thinking to do the same thing on the smaller rats.

A bit more done, just some small pieces still to attach. I'm thinking that I'll probably do the green goo over the pipes and contraptions it has on the back so the green ties it up and give it some bling.

Name:  IMG_1998.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  1.28 MBName:  IMG_1999.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  1.12 MBName:  IMG_2001.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  1.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Name:  IMG_8040-1.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  437.1 KBName:  IMG_8046-1.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  297.8 KB
    This is awesome :O Congrats !

Looking really nice I like the specles on the back of the rat. Hawks looking cool too with the blues.

Thanks. Finished the rat, hope you like it. If it was for me, I would do a nicer base but alas... Fun mini to paint. Hope you also enjoy it

Name:  abomination-td.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  1.16 MB