Eldar Army

Thread: Eldar Army

Default Eldar Army

Hi all, I hope you are well!
    I am rebuilding an old Eldar army I own and adding a few new things to it. Namely a Wraithlord that I had converted the pose of. Below are my WIP shots of the Wraithlord, I hope you like the pose, I wanted him to look dramatic and fluid hence the sense of movement I tried to convey in him. He is a WIP at the moment and I am really looking for suggestions on what I can do with his head, as at the moment its just an orange thing! Thanks a lot
    Name:  DSC05737 - Copy.JPG
Views: 1625
Size:  214.3 KBName:  DSC05738 - Copy.JPG
Views: 658
Size:  200.5 KBName:  DSC05739 - Copy.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  204.0 KB

majestic, I like the pose it has the feeling of movement to it. as for the head maybe do the eldar house design with some battle damage.
    also I think it might help to make some of the gems on the body a different color other than green maybe purple or red.

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Quote Originally Posted by Tee999 View Post
    I think it might help to make some of the gems on the body a different color other than green maybe purple or red.

tee
    I would second that. This particular green really doesn't go well with this deep yellow. Almost any other color would work. Posing is great, you can almost feel the recoil

Well, I feel the green goes ok with the yellow, but not with the grey. ^^

As for the head, why not some black or dark grey war paint, tattoo, craftwold markings? You could take some inspiration from nature; antilopes, tigers, jumping spiders, paradise birds, topical fish... you can find some cool patterns out there
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Thanks for the feedback guys, I kind of like the green personally - do you guys think its really poor? I will search for craftworld markings today ! I have been considering maybe changing the gems to an ice blue - or hawk torquoise type colour - do you think that'd be better?
    Last edited by majestic0110; 12-06-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Pfoooo difficult call... and actually, the more I look at it, the more the green is growing on me... Perhaps a more yellowy green, or even an amber coloured gem?

You could even use two gem colours, green for on the yellow, and amber on the grey? Just throwing idea's here, in the ned it's your model, your call mate
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I think green is a good color choice, but for me, its the color of green you have basecoated that seems to throw it off. I think a dark green would look great, and definitely use another color for some of the gems. I'm with meph, I think amber would look great against the grey body.

I'd keep it at the scorpion green, but highlight up through a true yellow a bit
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker