Kingdom Death
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Death

Default Kingdom Death

They look nice but the prices are shocking... are they good?

I have the first three in the range and yes, they are very good.

Blog Entries

they are incredible. I can't believe the detail they have in them. well worth the money.

i bought a few of the pinups which are very detailed. the only issue was that the white speaker legs weren't molded well. the front of the leg doesn't line up with the back requiring some hacking and resculpting. but the preacher pinup is perfect.

I have several of their minis and their casts are very high quality resin, the best I have seen. I recommend them highly. Well worth the price if you are attracted to a particular mini.

They are very good. But they're not better than some of the other high end "boutique" companies out there, like Studio McVey for instance. Similar quality of sculpting as with Studio McVey (to be expected as some sculptors have done work for both companies). Casting is very good (definitely high standard), but I've had even better experience with those from Studio McVey, so they're not exceptionally good. With all of this in mind the prices are a bit high compared to similar stuff. That is probably accounted for by the prints that are included with every mini from KD, but if it is the mini you're after... well. So, yes they're expensive. But, it's good stuff. If you think the designs are worth a couple of extra quid above what other similar minis cost, then go for it. You'll get a good product! I have bought a couple, and I feel I got value for the money I spent.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual
    They are very good. But they're not better than some of the other high end "boutique" companies out there, like Studio McVey for instance. Similar quality of sculpting as with Studio McVey (to be expected as some sculptors have done work for both companies). Casting is very good (definitely high standard), but I've had even better experience with those from Studio McVey, so they're not exceptionally good. With all of this in mind the prices are a bit high compared to similar stuff.
    Agree 100%.

The quality of the sculpts is exactly as you see in the pics - so totally depends on your taste (I love one or two of them, don't like a few). Casting is good but not exceptional and for the price you pay I think it should be better, as in: practically flawless. The resin is lovely, everything you could want for pieces of this size, however I've found more air bubbles than I'd expect for a casting this small (I was surprised to find any).

Einion

If you aren't a collector, I'd suggest you to not buy these items at this point. I totally believe that once Adam Poots release his game (which according to his site will be playtested in the next 4-6 months) the prices on his products will drop. I believe that you should pay extra for limited copies, so I have no problems doing so myself at this point. They are, to me, incredibly beautiful pieces with lovely casting and a wonderful customer support if ever needed. If you want the card saying "Limted Edition. Copy X / Y" then go for it and buy these miniatures. You wont be disappointed. But if you only want to paint them (or play the game eventually), then wait until release and paint other stuff while waiting.

However, having said that, I strongly want people to support this project and help Adam to finish his vision! And this is simply because I love Kingdom Death work so much. So by all means, spend cash on him!

I hate them, but all the ones I have seen have all been of high quality
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    I hate them, but all the ones I have seen have all been of high quality
    Yeah, they look to be a superior product, but I've not found any to my personal taste yet...

I quite like the look of thee Butcher and Savior Pinup figures. Tempted to buy them for sculpting inspiration but atm have incredibly limited space which makes it tough for me to justify the purchase :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

Their prices take the piss but the market appears to want to lap it up. Can't say they do owt that inspires me - the sculpts are a bit too fussy.

I like them, but too high their price.... the quality of casting is very similar of studio mcvey, surely not better of them!
    Mostly of studio mcvey miniatures are sculpted by very famous sculptor like Jacques-Alexandre Gillois.
    And studio mcvey miniatures costs the less, so without doubt i've chosen those of mcvey!
    However also kingdom death are very interesting, but not at that price.

I can only quote Aliengod3:

their casts are very high quality resin, the best(well one of the best mcvey is probably better) I have seen. I recommend them highly.
    McVey may be better, but there I liked only a few (and sadly for me mostly oop) sculpts,
    while @KD I really like the pinup series, some of the normal figures, and because of their weirdness even the monsters like the "hated" wet-nurse.

contrary to Einion I have found about 0 airbubbles and other mistakes in those I got. The sun-eater + 4 women had about a total of 2, and not at highly detailed areas, so they were easy to fix. In the other kits I may find 1/mini (checked them after my last order, but not throughly), and with that much I can live with.

I have a couple (2) of the figures, and really, they're the only sculpts I like. . .other ideas are a little too risque/phallic for me (and I've bought the two I own prior to these), but as a somewhat of a novice, the soft nature of the resin was a bit unexpected. . .having said that, I haven't worked with much resin...so that could be my inexperience and not a factor for the KD minis.

really though, like them or not, KD are very highly detailed.
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

I'll echo whats been said for the most part. Either you love the sculpts or you hate them. Personally I really like about a third of the range, the rest I find interesting but not enough to pay for. They are all very highly detailed and mostly well sculpted. The casts are good, but I expected better for the price.

Zach

nice detail and certainly an indulgence for those who don't mind a pervy model although the monsters are definitely missing something (or have too much of something) Every time i am about to click 'add to cart' for any of the pin ups (the white speaker one is just ridiculous though, whats with that pose, can a human spine even do that?) i feel too embarrased and it's like erm "what am i doing?" personal taste.

How much time the where on the Limited edition step ? I really want to see the story and game itself.... those White ladies tribe with the Wet Nurse are stunningly awesome and i'm sure there is a great story about them.

Kingdom Death restored my faith in humanity

I'll stick to the McVey's for my boutique mini's.
    Having looked through the Kingdom Death stuff it all seems to be aimed at an Anime 'psuedo fetishist' market.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.