A Plea for the Afternoon Off!

Thread: A Plea for the Afternoon Off!

Default A Plea for the Afternoon Off!

OK, this will be entered in to the annals of cool/smart/silly/stupid social media ploys but it does mean an extra afternoon off for me if I win!

The short: If I get the most likes on Facebook for the company I work at, I win an afternoon of my choice off. Simple as that. Go here, like them, and tell them Randy sent ya!

http://www.facebook.com/ThelenAdvertising

The long: I'm competing against a cat. Not any cat mind you, but my own cat (and the other employees). In an attempt to raise our likes, one of the owners - who is also my wife - has been using her other Facebook page for our cat Punchy, to garner more likes. Punchy has added 12 likes to our company page in two days. Becky (my wife) has thrown the gauntlet down and decided to pit the employees against Punchy.

To win the afternoon off the employee must meet two criteria. 1. Have the most new Likes brought to the site with "Randy Sent me" (or whoever the employee is) and 2. Brought more Likes than Punchy. The deadline is Monday morning so we have the entire weekend to try and best that darn sneaky cat.

The company: We're a small advertising agency in central Minnesota. A bunch of hard working but easy going folks who love to create and help people make the most of their company. We do just about anything: from writing copy to billboards to websites to full on multiple angle ad campaigns. Full service and all that.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who helps out!

http://www.facebook.com/ThelenAdvertising

Remember - tell'em Randy sent ya or it won't count for me!

THANKS!
    Last edited by Sukigod; 01-06-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Blog Entries

Done! Sukigod FTW!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

How do I vote for the cat?

@Sukigo: while I have a great deal of time for you, please understand that I will not be having anything to do with Farcebook.

Plus:
    "The Ramnit Worm Threat:
    The rapidly-spreading Ramnit worm is stealing Facebook passwords and hijacking Facebook accounts.
    The worm launches threatening posts to your entire list of friends. These posts may look harmless, but they contain malicious links that spread the threat to your friends".

I recieved that in my system alerts this morning courtesy of NAI.
    Just another reason for me to avoid Farcebook.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Done. Use the time to paint some orks ya bugger!
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

@Dragonsreach: I understand your trepidations with Facebook and thanks for sharing your point of view. I have a few friends over here that feel the same way. I appreciate your support even though it doesn't involve Facebook.

OK guys. There's a couple hours left in our silly contest and I'm neck and neck with our office admin. If I can get just a few more Likes in the next two hours that would be awesome! (you can even send your friends, family and pets over to Like them )

A huge thanks to everyone who has already Like them. I will make sure I personally thanks each and every one on their post. It's so very much appreciated.

Randy
    Last edited by Sukigod; 01-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

I'd love to, but would get lynched at work as we do similar work - our place has actually got it written into our Terms of Employment about the use of social media sites

@RuneBrush: Sorry to hear 'bout that. I understand though.

Ok, a quick update on the day off contest. Myself and another were tied with 30 Likes each after the weekend. Our owners have decided to give us both the win and both half days. Yay! Thanks to everyone who Like us!

Randy
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Blog Entries

X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukigod View Post
    @RuneBrush: Sorry to hear 'bout that. I understand though.

Ok, a quick update on the day off contest. Myself and another were tied with 30 Likes each after the weekend. Our owners have decided to give us both the win and both half days. Yay! Thanks to everyone who Like us!

Randy
    I don't know why we are still waiting for you to post pictures of the stuff you painted during your time off!!!

Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhowl View Post
    X
    I don't know why we are still waiting for you to post pictures of the stuff you painted during your time off!!!
    Gotta take the time off first!

I definately will be doing something hobby related when I do! The bomber may be part of it - or some terrain. Gotta start a some for a contest leading up to this years Waaagh!Fest.
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Blog Entries

Gotta take the time off first!

I definately will be doing something hobby related when I do! The bomber may be part of it - or some terrain. Gotta start a some for a contest leading up to this years Waaagh!Fest.
    BAH! Excuses, Excuses... Bloodhowl want pictures of Ork Gunship NOW!
    Last edited by Bloodhowl; 01-09-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Magnus lost his smile.

Well done and make use of the extra time

Well done!! Ok you did nothing, well done to us!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Well done!! Ok you did nothing, well done to us!!
    Yes - well done to you all!

I'm in the air between spending the time working on the blasta bommer or figuring out my terrain layout for the Waaagh!Fest terrain competition. I'd better figure fast though, I've chosen next Thursday as my time off
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Blog Entries

Yes - well done to you all!

I'm in the air between spending the time working on the blasta bommer or figuring out my terrain layout for the Waaagh!Fest terrain competition. I'd better figure fast though, I've chosen next Thursday as my time off
    Work on Bommer. Figure out terrain at work during those periods when you find yourself with nothing to do.

You know, that time where you find yourself googling flesh eating diseases or medeival torture devices because Bob hasn't completed the spreadsheet that has the critical data you need for the next phase of the project as he's too busy fightiing with his significant other on his cell phone, three cubicles over and the whole office can hear it, yet he is employee of the month three consecutive months? Yep. Use that time to do the terrain layout planning.
    Last edited by Bloodhowl; 01-11-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Magnus lost his smile.