Hi, i'm new in the Forum and i have a few questions

Thread: Hi, i'm new in the Forum and i have a few questions

Talking Hi, i'm new in the Forum and i have a few questions

Hi guys and gals, i'm really new in this hobby and this is my first post, so... HII! .

Well i just want to ask you when i can upload my miniature pictures for being slaughtered by unstoppable and ultraobjective critics.
    Also i like to play in Vassal Warmahordes while i'm improving my painting skills to paint the actual Cryx army that i bought some time ago.

Thanks for everything. See you!

Drasky

Welcome!
    Post pics now!

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Here or on the gallery ? They are probably not worthy for the gallery :P , they are try to be lvl 2 (BTP system... ). I just want to get TTP quality and the learn basing and the rest ( not try to do everything at the same time )

Last edited by vondrasky; 01-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vondrasky View Post
    Hi guys and gals, i'm really new in this hobby and this is my first post, so... HII! .
    WELCOME

Well i just want to ask you when i can upload my miniature pictures for being slaughtered by unstoppable and ultraobjective critics.
    ANYTIME
    Quote Originally Posted by vondrasky View Post
    Here or on the gallery ?
    Probably the best place is in either of the three main Painting orientated Forums:- Discuss Submissions, Painting and Conversions and Works in Progress.
    Any of these will get you some feedback
    In regard to the pictures you've put up I'd like to suggest that you dilute your paints a little more. This will mean more coats but will help prevent detail getting obscured, I think you also need to work a little bit more on your brush control as the Sister Repentia shows some overpainting which detracts a bit.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    In regard to the pictures you've put up I'd like to suggest that you dilute your paints a little more. This will mean more coats but will help prevent detail getting obscured, I think you also need to work a little bit more on your brush control as the Sister Repentia shows some overpainting which detracts a bit.
    Thanks a lot for the critic!

It's true, the Repentia was overpainted because i want to solve mistakes in the sword and other parts ( first time and very bad brushes wasn't the best ).
    And yes i need to dilute my paint or find better ones, i use some national ones that are not good at all and I'm trying to get Citadel paints in a few weeks. I know that Vallejo is better but is very hard to find that kind of material here, we are really a very small community here.
    The picture are not really good, the Dark Elf and the hound looks far more better than what the picture show. I gonna search for some tips/tutorials to make better shots of my work.

Thanks a lot!!!

Don't stress about paint really. If Gw paints are what is availiale that is awesome. I use only Gw paints even tho i own pp and vajelo. Same with the brushes. At your level Gw brushes are good enough. I use a Gw basecoat brush for 80per cent of my work. And only swivg to higher quality brushes if i really need to.

Learn to use your skill and develop yourself. Don't rely on 'the best' equipment.

T

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    Don't stress about paint really. If Gw paints are what is availiale that is awesome. I use only Gw paints even tho i own pp and vajelo. Same with the brushes. At your level Gw brushes are good enough. I use a Gw basecoat brush for 80per cent of my work. And only swivg to higher quality brushes if i really need to.

Learn to use your skill and develop yourself. Don't rely on 'the best' equipment.

T
    I will do that them , right now i have 2 W&N Water Colour Sable ( a 0 and 00 ) for basecoat and detail, and also a plantec 000 syntetic (way better to mantain the tip but it's no flexible at all.

And about paitings i'll probably stay with Gw until vallejo comes, i have a lot of tutorials from GirlPainting based on GW paints that are spectacular for the level that i want to get right now.

Thanks a lot for your advice .

i´d give the gw painting guides a go, for a basic learning, they´re quiet helpful! also if you have a hobby store with painting tables in your town thats great, looking at people who are better at painting is always the best way to learn=) brush control, getting a few paints and learning highlighting/shadowing should get you a good start!

Thanks Ischa, i'll give it a try.