Why is the voting not working properly?

Thread: Why is the voting not working properly?

Default Why is the voting not working properly?

It just doesn't seem like votes are being registered properly. I'll vote for something, and then I'll go back and check and the vote count hasn't changed. Has this been addressed? It can't just be me.

Also, it seems the minis hit a wall after a few days and the system stops tallying votes. I will get 40 or so votes in the first two or three days, then zero votes over the course of the next several weeks.

Also, I recently had a batch of models just jump from 40 and 41 votes to 50 votes overnight. This happened to about 6 of my minis, and each one jumped about 9 or 10 votes overnight on subsequent nights.

Is something being worked on? It seems like voting worked just fine a few months ago, but it doesn't work properly anymore. What gives? I love this site, and I love all the great artwork that I can enjoy for free here. It just seems like this site is centered on voting, and it really has become quite clear that the voting system isn't working the way it should.

Sort of a known issue. I know I've beat it to death a bit. In my opinion, you're lucky that you got to 50 votes.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...s-they-used-to
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Not really. I think it is the way script set up at the moment. To deal with the backlog of unvoted miniatures it selects those that are oldest date, closest to 50 and show them first as your "random" miniature. So, at some point all "random" miniatures will be from the same submission date, say october 25. Now everybody when they get their "random" mini will be getting miniatures posted on october 25 and will continue getting them until they reach these 50 votes. So yes, when voting hit "your" submission day you get these extra 10 missing votes very quickly.

I know I occasionally vote on something and when it bumps me on to the next random pic, that window that shows what your last pic/vote was isn't there. It's like it just resets me to the beginning of another set in the random queue at some point while I'm clicking along.
    -- Sarah
    Nowhere to go but up!

i´m missing out on all the high votes=( never thought of this tbh, but you make a strong point!

RIGHT TOTALY FREAKED OUT!! After beeing stuck on the low forties for some time checked out my pictures couple of hours ago and yep they were stil in the forties none over fifty. Then just checked now and half a dozen have all gone up into the mid to high fifty votes! Bit annoying in some respects as it was the very old stuff bar one so not that high an average vote but most around the 6.5 region (got a few 7's and an 8 but they are in the forties so they don't count yet). So checked my ranking and I am still officially the worst painter on CMON ???!!! Err what there's loads of minis over fifty votes in the 3's 4's and 5's out there and plenty of galleries with only one or two minis in this range so what the f@&k is going on????!! Officially don't know what the voting system here means at all?

Can any one explain? Does it take time for the ranking to change to reflect 50+ votes?

How on earth after several months of very slow increments to the votes does it jump 12-15 votes in one or two hours? ( I have noticed recently since the weighting to get minis over 50 was introduced that my vote rate has increased but nothing like this! )

So to sum up pleased that I'm finally over 50 for some but not that the ranking appears to be out of wack! Not sour grapes here but just do not believe that an average around 6.5 for the current batch of over 50+ votes minis will mean that I'm at the bottom.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Right even stranger another couple of minis have just leaped up in the time it's taken me to write the last post! They are in the mid 7's so my average rating is around 6.7 still worst painter ever according to the rankings and don't understand how they leaped up so quick? Either they have suddenly added votes on saved up for a whole or there's some seriously stimulated voters out there!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

First question would be do you have 5 submissions with 50+?

Yes? Well, then the answer must be that the ranking doesn't update as often as the votes. Which, considering, is probably reasonable. See what it is tomorrow perhaps?
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Yep 7 with 50+ and the way it's going probably more in the next few minutes! Will have a look tomorrow and see if the ranking has changed. Will post and say if it has.
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    First question would be do you have 5 submissions with 50+?

Yes? Well, then the answer must be that the ranking doesn't update as often as the votes. Which, considering, is probably reasonable. See what it is tomorrow perhaps?
    No it doesn't, or at least it didn't before. Rating change is not instantaneous. I suspect it is a separate script that screen for new minies periodically

Joy to the world I have a rank! It's not a brill one but at last hey! 7676. Better minis yet to hit the fifty mark so the only way is up indeed happy happy happy joy joy joy!
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Joy to the world I have a rank! It's not a brill one but at last hey! 7676. Better minis yet to hit the fifty mark so the only way is up indeed happy happy happy joy joy joy!
    And thus, crisis averted, the heroes continued upon their journey.

Where they were beset and eaten by a giant honey badger, who happened to have an arrow in its knee.

Where they were beset and eaten by a giant honey badger, who happened to have an arrow in its knee.
    clearly a honey badger well on the way to becoming a town guard, methinks...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I was ranked then my raking went down to the worst possible. I deleted an image from my album. does that reset your rank?

You need to have at least 5 images with 50 votes or more to get a rank. So yes, if you only had 5, getting rid of one definitely will tank it. There is no advantage getting rid of lower scoring figures in terms of trying to boost your standings.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hajmoid View Post
    I was ranked then my raking went down to the worst possible. I deleted an image from my album. does that reset your rank?
    You'll have one in the morning. That model with 48 votes now has 50.