Page 249 of 250 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250 LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 4986

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Fantastic looking marine. The NMM style red is turning out so well and definitely a very tough thing to do.

I found that using skin colours might help avoiding the pink.

Sometimes.

He looks Name:  1325844865769.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  35.9 KB
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Outstanding, if i didn't know better id say you used a lacquered candy red paint.

Nice work, I have to say that I like the pinkish tone to the red... but you might be aiming for something else and yes red is a "fun" colour to paint

I use some glazes of green sometimes to make the shadows nicer, then perhaps you could use a bit more red on the light areas and it might look less pink.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I don't think it's that pink. I think the problem is that the blend differs on the lower legs and the rest.

Name:  IMG_0262.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  13.6 KB

The above looks pretty darn red. But the brightest spots on the flat faces of the armour go right up to white.

Name:  IMG_0263.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  9.8 KB

That looks really bloody red. The brightest bits of the flats of the knee and shin armour here are pure red. The only bits that blend up to white are on the spot and edge highlights.

I think it's this distinction that's making him look pink. Maybe knock back those pink/white blends with a strong red glaze.

Either way, it's superb painting and I'd kill to be able to blend like this.
    error 404: signature not found

Thanks all.

Kretcher / Foxtail yep more glazes of reds to the white areas to calm those pesky pinks.
    Oistene, agreed flesh tones can work espically on the edge highlights.

Fox - smack on mate, yes the bottom half only the edges and spot highlights have the most extreme highlights. ive glazed some red inks on, Looks better but still needs more, its all still WIP as all my minis are (even the finished ones lol)
    Need to take things slowley, too much glaze and BANG youre back to a flat red.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  130.6 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

looks wicked.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

A fun project ive been working on.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  192.0 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  202.4 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Excellence in mini painting . You said it a long time ago,and now I'll say it to you.ARENT ORK PROJECTS JUST UNBELIVABLY RELAXIING. I SWEAR it's not just me but the best of every painter comes out. great smooth blends lee. Can't get any better.

thats looking rally good, i like the pose, he looks right bored

I like how you green stuffed tread onto the bottom of his boots. Always taking it a step further. Good jorb.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

yep ace man you can really tell how annoyed he is of the bubblegum stuck under his shoes! hee hee cool little project.

Thanks all
    Stefan I will bring up the Grot tanks if your not careful !

More WIP on really smoothing the blends and pushing the contrast. PS the pink marine went flying across the room in a fit of rage, no more marines for me ..... EVER!!

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  182.3 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  182.1 KB

*high five Ten* Thats da proppa way to treat a marine. Good on ya lad, now back to da boyz. lol Sorry to hear the marine gave you so much trouble.
    ." -Me-

A shame about the marine, he was looking pretty awesome.

I definitely have never launched anything across the room. I've snapped a few and chucked them in the bin though!

Relaxed ork is looking relaxed. Nice and calming after the marine escapades
    error 404: signature not found

Sorry the new marine left you seeing red :P Don't give up. Maybe find a nice old RT era one to paint. I have a few if you'd like
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    thats looking rally good, i like the pose, he looks right bored
    my first quick look made me think he was sitting on the toilet.

Beautiful blends Ten.