10 balls WIP - Page 272
Page 272 of 273 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273 LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5458

Thread: 10 balls WIP

He is scared of needles !
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Back from euro miniature expo. Had a great weekend meeting my friends and had a massive laugh staying at Andy's playing heroquest and watching movies. Just for a moment we felt like free men !

I've always liked euro mil at folkstone, a compact venue on the seafront with a very high standard competition.
    Plus traders and a bar !
    Alas it's been slowly fading over the last couple of years and this year for lots of reasons the attendance was drastically down.
    The competition was of its usual high standard but again the number of entries was down also.
    I got a silver for brogmir, well done Andy got a bronze, mally silver, Mike bronze and all the others who did well.

I'm glad I got to see euro mil in its glory days when it truly was the pinnacle of miniature painting events. Now maybe sorry to say I've witnessed its swan song.

I think Brognirs face sums it up.

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  188.1 KB
    Last edited by ten ball; 05-13-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Congrats on the silver medal but sorry to hear that visitor and entry counts went down.

Only event I ever was, was a Gamesday in 2009 (I think) in cologne germany. Kinda sad they don't do em anymore. Think our hobby is too special for more conventions and events in all different countrys. The ones I hear from are often wayyyy to far away sadly^^

Congratulations, 10. Glad you had a good time despite some bittersweetness.

Congrats on the award. Sorry to hear that it may be the swan song for the event.

Congratulations 10, great to hear you had a blast but obviously sad to see the slow demise of the show.. guessing the GD clash must have been a pretty big knock to their take up.

Huge CONGRADULATIONS bud!!!! What they need is more big names like the 10balls and the Andy’s. Same problem at our MFCA historical model show.

Congrats on the medal. Well deserved, regardless how many competitors!

Congrats 10, maybe bittersweet, but your work is awesome and the award is well deserved.

Thanks all. Well the powers that be at GW have sprung a new mini painting competition at the Aos event next weekend. So over the last month I’ve had fun painting a skeleton to enter. I’ve also made a small tutorial on how I made the tree that will appear on the ToadChapel site.

Name:  EF14F31E-2E98-4C8F-8039-D3ACDC6FF83A.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  419.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ten ball; 07-13-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Pretty darn good. The tree is very cool. Great colours too.

Great job on this. I really like that cloak and the skull in the tree!

Really nice work on the skeleton guy, and that is one sensational tree... best of luck in competition.

Wait, did he say he wrote a tutorial on the creation of that awesome skull tree?

You're damn right he did!

The skelly ain't too shabby, either, bud!

Your the best...around.... nothin ever gonna keep ya dooown!!! (Karate kid all valley miyagi do vs cobra kai soundtrack!)

That looks like the most energetic skeleton I have seen. Love the tree, especially the skull in the trunk.

Gorgeous mini, and tree!

Thanks all
    back from competition. nice day out, had a laugh and a beer.
    Comp was compact but of a good standard of entries.
    My skele hit an iceberg and sank with all hands on board. Then on hitting the ocean bed was consumed by a blue whale

maybe paint a tiny life preserver for him next time