10 balls WIP - Page 214
Page 214 of 275 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

I love everything about this!!! I kinda like the RIP ,think it looks cool,however as Andy has stated your call.

The tombstone really looks a lot better darkened. I'm not a huge fan of the RIP either, it seems too perfect and modern for such an ancient looking skelly. But then he does have a pocket watch, so I guess he's a bit of a modern gentleman. You can probably camouflage it with the repaint though I'm guessing.

Thanks all, I never even thought / noticed about the RIP when adding the stone. Now I carnt stop looking at it !
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

The skeleton looks great, as Sprokets said. I couldn't even pic out the orange color in the first pic scrolling backwards. really cool, err warm? lol Reminds me a bit of that incredible base for the green knight.

I feel like the busts hand is awfully bright. but that might just be the picture. I love his battle weary expression. He looks quite resigned and apprehensive at the same time.

looks like house, but im late getting that one in nice blues on skeletor tho.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thanks all

Having fun with the skele, head done im purposley keeping the colours muted and the rags etc similar to the bone. So having a limited colour palette.

Attachment 50602
    See how his spine is a different tone here? I think I like this more than the completed version. It gives the mini depth and some nice variation. Maybe not as under detailed as seen here, but the unsaturated nature of his lower spine and pelvis I think could be capitalized on.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Thanks all
    On hols in Wales this week (that's a vacation to all none English speaking people lol )

Took this pict of a OLD SCHOOL model shop in the village where im staying........ just a absolute gem!
    Reminds me of the 70s/80s modelling days, enamel paints, trains, WWII planes - a relic of a bygone time.
    It doubles up as the local hobby meetup, spoke to the chaps inside, real friendly offering tea and biscuits just amazing - no hard sell. Just brilliant.
    GW used to be like this, a long time ago !

Name:  IMAG0361.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  308.3 KB

This is where I left off last week on the skele.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  404.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Love those old model shops....few and far between these days. Found a model department in an old fashioned department store not so long ago...was an absolute treasure trove. Didn't look like anyone had bought anything from there in about 20 years.

This place is not far from me and an absoultue goldmine for mini painters....super friendly staff...not so sure about the name though.

http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/

Skele looking really tight as well, contrast between the bleached bone and those blue metals is lovely....the pocket watch makes it for me though.

I used to go to a shop like that when I was a teenager, nice chilled atmosphere and no one trying to sell you stuff you don't want or need, unlike modern gw shops where if they see you buy a single marine character for example, they will try to convince you to buy a huge can of spray paint, fun fact: the guy who ran that shop when I was younger now runs the hasslfree shop

Lovely skeleton by the way, the blue metals give it a real ghostly/ethereal look

I really like the discipline you're showing on the color scheme of this skeleton. I might be tempted to use a bit of texture on the cloth wrappings to visually differentiate them from the bones without introducing more color.
    I have a really cool old hobby shop across the river here in Pittsburgh that I can walk to. It's run by a funny old sweetheart of a dude who always busts my balls when I come in. He doesn't have any gaming figures, but he's got tons of modeling stuff. I am very happy that he's still there.

liking the progress on the skele, love those little model shops, full of hidden treasures
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks all!!
    Golden demon was good, they had moved the GD show to another building which was air conditioned with a much more relaxed feel. Of course it was a smaller affair than the Coventry event, with less entries but the painting lever was real high with the usual selection of masterpieces stealing the show. Congrats to all !
    Stefan did great as usual with two silvers and a gold.
    I did better this time with a finalist for my skeleton (which was just a fun entry) and a bronze & silver demon in duel & group.

Name:  photo 2 15.26.00.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  163.4 KB

Congrats Ten. Glad you had a good time.

Success!! I'm happy for you, Lee!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Congratulations mate, well done
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Soon....very soon.....

Name:  screenshot_2_14_13_9_34_pm.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  64.4 KB

Congrats Ten Ball. And remember :medals or not, swords or not your work remains absolutely amazing!!!

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)(2balls)

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done Lee. Glad you've got another couple to keep the LOTR demon happy. Next year. No excuses now I'm starting up my professional service :S