10 balls WIP - Page 114
Page 114 of 275 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 5491

Thread: 10 balls WIP

I pretty much assume you guys will win and if you don't I figure someone must have bribed the judges. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

It's your year lee enjoy it. Good luck.

yey straken. you cant have that banner on two entries at once you know!!

i bet the other guys are pretty mad on the ogre holding the banner. "nevermind the cammo clothing- here, we are here!"

A heap of awesome entries there mate. Good Luck for GD.

Just one question, is Gandalf remaining on his original base or will he be removed and attached to the diorama base ?
    i have to say the work is brilliant but the glazing work on Gandalf is incredible, I am in awe. This is the standard that others can only hope to aspire to.

Good luck to you Lee. As someone who has been inspired to reach new limits with his painting by your example, I have to say that even if you walk away empty handed, you have no idea how much your work has increased my love for this hobby. I've tried to emulate your example from the very beginning! You're in my fav 5 artists, Slayer Sword or no. Anyway, enough hero worship. Kick ass take names.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Lovely comments everyone, thanks

Skel - The squad is lost so the banner is a signal to get help!

Gandalf - to fit with golden demon rules he has to stay on his gaming base. All of the entries have to be on their supplied size gaming bases. On the above minis i have hid some of them
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    "nevermind the cammo clothing- here, we are here!"

Good luck, ten!!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Is it true that Skel has Ebola? That's the rumor going on anyway....hope he's okay...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Is it true that Skel has Ebola? That's the rumor going on anyway....hope he's okay...
    Bloody hope no, I'll be drinking with him in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Model Art View Post
    Bloody hope no, I'll be drinking with him in the pub.
    Just no kissing and you guys should be ok :P
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Well I finally done it - bronze for gandalf + finalists for the others except the jungle squad which I'm going to throw across the room.
    Congrats to Skel, Sproket, liffy, glazed over , Adrian bay to name a few , also rose model for his well deserved finalists.

Great day, great venue and great meeting up with friends.

One compliant is (as usual) GW not giving out finalist pins this year!!! I'm speechless, just a paper certificate
    Last edited by ten ball; 10-12-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

FINALLY well done.don't understand why the squad didn't get it

My feedback on why GW might have overlooked a fantastik piece. I've been 15 years attending golden demon.at the the last 5 years I got sick and tired of making first cut and coming home empty handed especially sometimes seeing OK models in the placings. I had to speak to somebody I reached out to golden demon judge Robin dewes.amazingly after seeing his side of things I came home with 2 trophies a gold and a bronze .Robin dewes stated what they look for his biggest problem was 2 things to look for 1) WELL PAINTED MODELS .2) THE MODELS AND ALL THE MODEL LINK COUNTER HAVE ANY MATERIALS, FROM ANY CO OTHER THAN GW. Or something had to be hand sculpted trees etc. I went on to ask him about laser cut etched brass.he exclaimed if you use real trees or hand done fine its accepted but brass etching from another Co just isn't going to work .I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw a great unit with a jungle theme.like the amazing unit you've done here. He also said a neighboring unit that had dryads and used the citadel plastic trees not only was well painted but as using citadel stuff advertised there models and plastic scenery hence adhering to the rules. I don't know other than speculating but GW can be a bunch of pompous assess I felt hurt when he told me this cause the unit with the etched was much better presented to my surprise it didn't make the cut. I also pointed out other models that won he said he can't speak for other judges only himself but some years whoever is judging feel this way and some years not. Again the squad should've won gold or silver to my perspective it should've also been worth another look after it won to claim the sword. But when I heard it didn't make the finals I can only speculate some childish whims about a well deserved piece. Don't know if this was why but I figured Ide share what Robin dewes told me years ago.other than that I don't see a clear reason why this piece didn't win it's deserved trophy and possibly the sword. It's criminal.

Congrats on the finalists and the trophy, finally a bit of recognition for your outstanding work mate
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Splendid dude well deserved and all that I'll be honest despite my GW bashing I'm a bit jealous seriously though gandalf is top knotch and I would even go so far as to say he's your best painted mini seriously smooth blending. So one of the select few now.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Crikey, if you only got third what on earth won ?
    whatever the winner was, congratulations on your success.

Congrats. Well deserved. For those wanting to see some early piccies of the winners check out volomir's web page.

Well done Ten! Nice to be alongside you and recognise you here in the winners circle!