10 balls WIP - Page 156
Page 156 of 275 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Perfectly captured Spaniels eyes, well done Mrs10.
    As for Mr10 bad boy, probably his finest work, such smooth glazes and blends. Are you photoshopping again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Grey View Post
    Are you photoshopping again ?
    I thought everyone did?....... well its the only way to make the painting look any good!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Looks like you have been stealing your pallete for this one from the missus.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Looks like you have been stealing your pallete for this one from the missus.
    mmmmm... I was suspecting the same xD
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Watcha mate quick reply. The painting of the dog is very good I didn't know the Mrs was a talented painter too! Horsey boy is coming along nicely top job on him.

I used to get very cross about people talking to me when I was painting indeed. But what I do know is I put the brush down walk away from the painting completely and sit and chat for half an hour or so to the Mrs watch a bit of telly etc. then she's not cross with me and I don't feel resentful either about doing it as it's just the done thing and normal. That way leads to a much pleasanter atmosphere as the Mrs doesn't see it as competition so in the end I actually get MORE painting done. Weird but true!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    I used to get very cross about people talking to me when I was painting indeed. But what I do know is I put the brush down walk away from the painting completely and sit and chat for half an hour or so to the Mrs watch a bit of telly etc. then she's not cross with me and I don't feel resentful either about doing it as it's just the done thing and normal. That way leads to a much pleasanter atmosphere as the Mrs doesn't see it as competition so in the end I actually get MORE painting done. Weird but true!
    Smart technique, I have done this too a few times (unconsciously) and it works fine. On the other hand I can get very crossed with constant interruptions, but a punctual one I can deal with and if the only interruption I get is when I am doing eyes or faces or delicate things I just say, "I'll finish this and stay with you".

On the centaur mini...
    Have you softened/blended the "joint" between hair and skin (down on the hips zone I mean)? because it feels nicer now to me. or is it just the pic?
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Cheers all

Andy - good advice mate, I will heed it!

Maenas - yes i glazed it down a little.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Watcha mate quick reply. The painting of the dog is very good I didn't know the Mrs was a talented painter too! Horsey boy is coming along nicely top job on him.

Yep, exactly the same here, if i dont take regular breaks for a cup of tea or a chat and a sit on the sofa with her she goes a bit odd, as i know it can get involved, so i tend to set goal, such as finsh a section or that shading\highlight layer etc then stop and she is very good for not touching me if i am leaned in to the model, if she wants a hug hehe.

Hi,

Been out of the hobbie for the last weeks (painting courses not counted). I just get on the forum and find that marvellous wip painting. I love it!!!

Just one question, skin has been painted with acrylics or oils?

Many thabks,
    Mariano.

I'm in the break and chat camp as well. Keeps the peace.

Beautiful work on the centaur. The horses hair texture on the body is scaringly good

Have to agree with darthmarsh the skin on the horse body is awesome ! great job mate
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Blog Entries

Fantastic work on Rujo sir! Really brilliant stuff. The wife's work is great too.

Cheers all

Aniku - all acrylics.

My best pal & painting buddy who sits by (and sometimes on) my feet. Dexter the dog.

My two biggest fans are dogs too, well maybe my wife is even a bigger fan. Sometimes they sit and look for hours as if they want to be able to hold a brush too and start painting. Then they suddenly remember they have to go out to pee or something and they can't wait a minute. Ofcourse they always want to go out when I just mixed a fresh batch of a certain colour. BTW, your dog looks supercute and handsome!
    The centaur is looking absolutely amazing, especialy the horse part. Love your choice of colour for the horse part too. Lots of success finnishing the figure.

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

BOOOM again 10 beautiful silky tones on his fur. Awesome work!

cheers both

Woke up early so had an hour or so tweaking the contrast and more detail on the hands.

I love the contrast on the Ork, it pops amazng well. I learn so much from just looking at your work 10. Fantastic
    Regards

David

That's great orc-skin.

Yeah me too ...WoKe up early and went "HEELS TO JESUS!" LOLOL OL OL BUT I GOT NO PAINTING DONE ON TOP OF THAT TEN.

Default Love the ork

Love the centaur hell I even love you ten...that's not creepy is it...:/