10 balls WIP - Page 215
Page 215 of 275 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 5495

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Congrats coach. I recall me telling you after you won that first one for Gandalf that more would start coming in like clockwork.

Massive thanks all

With Euro Militaire in sight im finishing off the gobbo. Nearly finished, just the wasp and a few areas to do.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  457.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congratulations Lee!!
    This gobo is really inspiring both in colour and basing!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

This might be nitpicky, but as the goblin have leaves around his waist, that are quite similar in size and shape as those on the base, it does become noticeable that they are painted differently. Could be one of those things judges pick up on.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Liking the Gobbo what colours are you doing the wasp/hornet to tie in with the rest of the model ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Hmm, he looks more like tribal type gobo than a wasp , but far be it from me to comment on the social divisions of gobo society... oh, and very nice painting too.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

congratulations mate, very well done. great looking gobo too.

Congrats lee, as always, looks amazing.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hmm, he looks more like tribal type gobo than a wasp , but far be it from me to comment on the social divisions of gobo society... oh, and very nice painting too.
    I spent some weeks living amongst the Gobbo, learning their ways...adapting to their habits...so I think that I am MORE than qualified to speak about the cultural and biological traits of the Gobb. This is especially true of the Woodling Gobbo tribe, the SnotSnaryl Clan if my memory serves me correct. The so-called "wasp" affixed to his staff is actually referred to as a Honey Buzzard, and it's noxious poison is capable of neutralizing foes by rendering them disabled with acute flatulence.

Of this particular delineation I would posit that his red nose needs some blue at its base in order to be more convincing and reflective of a SnotSnaryl Gobbo....
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Goblin looks so great, 10, doing justice to an awesome sculpt. To me, the fact that the rock ends at a uniform distance from the edge of the plinth, with a uniform deposit of leaves all around it, draws attention to itself. I'm not saying you need to change it (in fact, the base overall looks incredible), but perhaps you could acknowledge the conceit of the floating rock by e.g. removing some of the leaves, or be extending them up onto the rocks? In any event, it looks great and I'm glad you're back at it!

P.S. Congrats, too!

Big fan of your gobbo Ten and the autumnal basing. Top notch fungal additions and his red hooter make it for me.

Cheers all

Ritual - yeah I know what you mean, Andy has said the same. Its a herculean task and due to time limits and seeing the base accounts for only 10% of the points at Euro im going to leave it. I dont think the time spent would effect the overall look that much.

Wargames - just has to be yellow for maximum impact I reckon

Saintoad - originally I planned for the rock to be centred on the plinth by itself but as the project evolved I liked the idea of an 'island' in a sea of forest leafs.
    Because of the play in scales (large wasp/small gobo / large mushroom etc vice-a-versa) and the nature theme I see this as a sister piece to my snail / hare (large snail / small hare / large flower etc)

A few hours last night on the acorn and wasp. Im really happy with how this ones turned out

Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  272.8 KBName:  photo 5.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  273.8 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Superb model, the wasp came out brilliant too! Lots of succes at Euro! You deserve a medal.

Gino(2dope)

I'll buy that about the base, Lee. I also think that the same elements make this a sort of 'whimsical fantasy' (as opposed to 'I blast your guts out with magic-fantasy') piece, where the lack of naturalism is forgivable or even assumed. As long as it's a deliberate choice, it's entirely yours to make.
    As far as the model itself, I think (and expected) that this is now my new favorite of yours. I think you have had an absolutely incredible year of painting, and this brings together a great deal of the things I think you've improved. From a relative beginner who has always looked at your work with great admiration, know that I think you should be really proud of this piece and the level of quality your hard work and talent have achieved. You're turning out inspiring stuff very regularly, my man!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 08-19-2016 at 10:29 AM.

'salright spose.......... nah top work mate
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Fantastic work, 10! It's a really fun piece and, of course, the painting is top notch!

The Honey Buzzard looks ace my dude!!!!

Oh, and do you think you could do a tutorial explaining how you use this: Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 171
Size:  63.6 KB

I got the part where you step #1 grab mini, step #2 turn upside down, step #3 dip it, but I am unsure what to do next...your expertise is needed.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17