10 balls WIP - Page 38
Page 38 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Holy shizzle, 10ball! That's some really fine work there. The sword in particular jumps out at you as standout work, but the cloak is also excellent. The only (very small) critique I could make is the back of the hair seems a little chunky in terms of colour placement. That said, the only reason it's noticeable is that the rest of the mini is nigh-on perfect. Thumbs up from me
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

seems you have been busy painting! pretty!

Damn fine work sir. Great mini beautifully painted and a lovely base bit of free hand to boot a winner me thinks
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Nice work Lee.

Mumbles Grumbles. " competiton snatching little git" Grumbles as walks away looking for finger equalising hammer.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Wow, this man can paint! Great mini, great NMM, great base. Just try to give the gold NMM a bit more contrast, enhance the shadows till black and the highlight till white. How did you paint the cloak? Did you do the texture with a stippling technique?
    Regards
    Jürgen

Thanks all, Crackpot yes it was stippling with glazes over.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Looks amazing 10 ball. All elements are tip top. Your best by a good margin so far. Only C&C is agreement with Crack pot on the gold. Super clean job, you've bring your A-game on this one!!!!

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Excellent job! Your best to date... This is the level I am trying to reach, but lacking of patience and motivation maybe... Do you have any tips? I have difficulty to reach cleaner paint job, I am struggling between the fact of not using enough "layers" or maybe not having clean enough mini and surfaces at the start!

But again this paint job is amazing!

Just amazing man, really well done. Inspiring, one might say. Me, I'll say it. Inspiring!

Simply an ace job on that Finari. I've had this figure in my collection for quite some time maybe you'll have inspired me to move it up in my queue. I will say the thing which grabbed me the most was how you captured so many different textures throughout the miniature, from the shield to the fabrics and hair each looks unique. A great attention to detail, I'd love to see this in person.
    Check out my blog at http://savantcreations.net

Your Finari is beautiful my man, I love it!

Beautiful mini there 10 ball. That's a really sweet paint job!

Thanks all, good news both Finari and the plague squad got to the finals
    Great day and real nice meeting up with the guys.
    Congrats sproket & Mike also.
    Last edited by 10 ball; 04-20-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

congrats 10Ball, well done on your finalists!!! Well deserved sir. Did you buy anything today?

Over and out
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Great news sir. I knew she would do well, congrats!

lovely minis in the flesh and a well deserved finalist. Well done mucka!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Thanks all
    Great day at Salute, (Will - I only brought a few things but Andy made up for my lack of spending lol)
    I was pleased to get to the finals but it was bitter sweet after seeing some of the pro's work (that had won at Euro) knocked the wind out of me a bit!

Bit more on the termy - ive been trying to go to black on the gold as Crackpot suggested but its real difficult on some of the smaller bits. My aim is to get a real sharp old school termy.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  253.2 KB
    "
    . Andyg

Might be I'm a little late: But that Finari is an amazing stuff! Your paint job, colour scheme, the setting - everything fits perfectly.
    A pitty you/she didn't win - but at least you reached the finals which is an achievement, too. Will work next time, you'll see

You marine looks very good, too. Wished I'd be able to do freehand at least half as good as you (or others here) do.

What you talking about I only bought a couple of things! Minis and paints er lots of both.

Looking great the change in the hair has worked beautifully. Great work on the free hand and the armour is primo. One thing only is the side of the skull on the pommel of the sword it might be the photo but it looks a little unfinished.

Finnish this boy off and do the rest of the squad eh? A nice little face off against the nurgle lot!
    Here be my ranking=

Not often I look at painting threads but this is all very nice stuff mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!