10 balls WIP - Page 41
Page 41 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Thanks all, Kath - yep its saliva made from glue like Andy does his cobwebs.
    Finished the skin and started on the leather.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 753
Size:  570.3 KB
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Lovely job there mate particularly like the red on the nuckles and the tmm on the armour having the green and reds in it tying it all together.

One thing though I would be tempted to push the highlites a little further on the brow, top lip, cheekbones. Face being the focal point and all; thats just me though ignore as you wish Mr 600
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Thanks mate, ive upped the highlights and darkened the metallics. I though they overpowered the face a bit.

Views: 712
Size:  343.4 KB
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Love that flesh, tones are sweet. Gotta pick up my brush again it's been too long. Nice work mate.

LinZ

You're moving right along with this one. I really like how he's turning out. The checkerboard patterns are a nice addition without being too distracting.

Thanks all
    A bit more paint splashed on.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  193.1 KBName:  photo.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  196.1 KB
    Last edited by 10 ball; 05-17-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    "
    . Andyg

Splashing paint on...he says...yeah...hehe...looks great 10! My only thing, the transition on his knuckles on his left hand (our right). I'm tired so it's probably me not being able to see straight but is it as harsh as it looks? Maybe it's the angle of the photo...naw...probably my eyes. lol!

Blog Entries

He is really looking good sir. The additions of different colors is really nice and executed perfectly.

Kath - Thanks, his knuckles are red because he has been thumping marines

Milosh - your a gentleman sir.

A little addition that I think works well -

Views: 557
Size:  187.8 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  244.5 KB
    "
    . Andyg

Thanks both

ellis - yes Andy is a cool guy but alas he is not I but our fellow painter AndyG
    who comes out with these witty statements now and then
    "
    . Andyg

Still working on Ork boss but I decided to attach him to the base with his pet squig for a visual.

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  437.9 KB
    "
    . Andyg

That's a great idea! It was really good but now it just became an awesome mini! Excellent inspiration...

The squig and the grot really put it over the top. It was already nicely painted, but now it has some character and a bit of narrative.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Details and colour combinations and transitions are amazing, added with the scene its awsome!

Thanks all
    @ Canny - keep in mind that just the little snot took me about 3 hours to paint, its just a case of working the colours up.

Nearly finished pet squig just need to tone the blues down a bit. Then will finish the metallics on the boss.
    also messed around for an hour painting a tear drop on the snot lol, but its hard to take a photo of.

Name:  photo copy.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  253.2 KBName:  photo copy.JPG
Views: 418
Size:  211.0 KB
    Last edited by 10 ball; 05-24-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    "
    . Andyg

looks fantastic almost makes me want to start an ork army. Almost !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

really nice dude. I love the greys and blues on the squig. I also really like the pose and the view from the front is great as it really looks like the squig is bursting forwards at the viewer. Lovely job 10ball.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Now that IS a space ork! That is some O mazing work there 10ball. You've outdone yourself sir and that is quite a feat already. You have a made a decent mini into a great mini. I dig the red nose on the grot too.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland