10 balls WIP - Page 42
Page 42 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Cheers all for the nice comments

All finished - http://www.coolminiornot.com/333597

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  643.8 KB
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Voted! Nice work on the brass, ties in with the mid tones and actually knocks back the pink in his skin a bit. Planned or happy accident?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Very good piece 10. Love the skin tones, muted metallics and the squig!!! What's next matey?
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Voted and commented. Really well done, I'll be looking back at this when I get around to the orks I've got waiting.

Really cool, love the eggs on the base! ;P The Brass arm thingy does draw attention away from the face, don't know if that was intended?
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

thats Awesome 10. very impressive.

Voted stunning work !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Im going to need you to make a youtube video on your step by steps so I can replicatre this work of yours!

Thanks all I was really pleased with the skin. My fav has got to be the crying snot

@ zap - No didnt plan that, theres a lot of purple washed on the metallic gold so thats why it must of toned down the reds on the skin.

@ veristicalBlaze - yep the shine of the metallics draws the eye, it all depends on the angle of the photos.

@ Will - not sure yet mate, will do a small paint job while I decide on my next project.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Fancied doing some NMM last night. Put together this Empire guard as a start to a command with the other knight below.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 474
Size:  178.3 KBName:  img50a7d26e64629.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  157.7 KB
    Last edited by 10 ball; 06-01-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    "
    . Andyg

Excellent face... Really nice expression!

Your a machine of top quality!

Wow. Looks like I know where to look for NMM references. It looks super shiny so far.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Voted! Nice start on that knigth.

Thanks all, little bit more on the NMM. Love painting faces its real challenge to try and get different face expressions on something the size of a matchstick head!

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  122.1 KBName:  photo.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  115.1 KB

The guards face on the left was painted with all GW paints (tallon flesh, dark flesh, dwarf flesh, bleached bone)
    while the other was painted with all VMC (basic skin tone, dark skin, ivory)
    All painted with W&N series 7 size 1
    Last edited by 10 ball; 06-03-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    "
    . Andyg

Thanks for the colour list 10, I'm always interested in skin recipes. Great work on the faces. How many guard do you have for this set?

Thanks all , RayzrYR - there are ten in a box on plastic sprues (GW Empire Greatswords).

just a bit more done.

Name:  photo 10.28.06.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  169.0 KB
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

Man, he is really looking sharp sir. Are you painting all 10 of them?