10 balls WIP - Page 44
Page 44 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Cheers all
    Next mini & started with the base first, any guesses on the mini??

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  366.8 KB
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Lizardman??
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Damn, maybe I made it a tad easy with the gold face thingy lol
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

That is a really great looking base and I love your little plaque. This is gonna be a another great piece from you sir.

Nice foliage. How'd ya do it? Kit, fish tank stuff, what? I like the little lizard BTW.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Base looks fantastic with great little touches like the lizard
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Cool 10! Love the base and can't wait to see the lizard.

Cheers all, started the skink chief. NMM looks ok, think I went a bit over the top with the whites - need more practice and a few lessons off Will

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  296.2 KB
    "
    . Andyg

nice one matey like the change to the more natural mini, psssst i think you've pretty much masterd mettalics.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Great start 10ball what colours are you going to paint the skink ?

zab - they are some paper & brass kits.

Cassar - thanks mate but when it comes to metalics both TMM & NMM i dont think they will ever be masted just embraced like a brother lol

Wargames - going with the green colour scheme, more natural / realistic. Trying for the skink that Durham r has painted but that's going to be a challenge!
    "
    . Andyg

Very nice. I think the NMM looks great.

Dammit... now I'm looking through the GW catalog at lizardmen. Stop making me want to go buy new minis! I already have enough to paint as it is!

Nice job so far, I think the whites on the skink look fine..

Khonner

I agree - whites look OK. Maybe needs more extreme shades....bit of black in there to make the white pop. Basically the white is there and not in obscene amounts so I figure if it aint popping then thats probably a contrast issue?

All in all it looks great, you are working with small areas too.

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Cheers guys, Will yep your right its always a contrast issue , and yes its a very small area for effective NMM.
    After looking long and hard at what the problems are I came to the conclusion that it was down to basic untidy painting (school boy error or painting at 1am!) so last night sharpened the edge with bleached bone and glazed a bit more yellows and purples in to warm it up. Also first coat of green.

Name:  photo 08.20.56.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  394.1 KB
    "
    . Andyg

I was just going to suggest putting more color on him before you try anything more with the NMM. I thought it was going along just fine and the only reason why it might have looked wonky was because the rest of the mini didn't have color. But you gots it rollin' now 10! Great job!

Are you going to do a paler underbelly in the colour scheme ?

thanks Kath,

Wargames - yes going to blend up to a real pale green.
    "
    . Andyg

its going to be a "classic" lizardman then, epic!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Lovely job so far mate it's got your painting style all over it that slightly cartoony (in a good way) old school meets nmm new school. Big and bold just what you need on this scale of mini to stand out on the display cabinet at GD.

Taking a look back over your work on your gallery you can really see it come along great stuff!!

At the risk of hijacking the thread for something non related all the good painters have there style IMO Skelletets has his dark dark shading and urban grunge style thing going on Milosh with his super blended skin girl thing and tommie with his extreme contrast but with uber smooth blend interesting to have watched yours develope.

God I sound arty pretentious there lol
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG