10 balls WIP - Page 103
Page 103 of 274 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 5466

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Could it be the fabled Green Knight???
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

yesssssssssssss contact Andy about your holiday tickets.

Some very early concept picts.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  252.9 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Beautiful. I know your going to do a kick ass job with this one. You've complimented him well with the colors and composition of the base. I knew he was going to be in the back right.

I have a suggestion for ya. I would make one of his banners/streamers from a very long piece of plasticard. Bend it with some heat so that it wraps in a semi circle around to the front of the base, then folds and heads back the way it came from before folding a few more times back and forth. This will serve to frame the whole scene.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Well ten you now have an obligation to create this diorama for all the great answers everyone listed.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    I'm going with the slightly less obvious guess of giant pink bunny. You know, one with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

Regardless, the scene looks really cool. Lot's of action and I really like all the rusty metal you've done.
    Monty Pythons Holy Grail rabbit in pink, if only GW made one how could 10 resist.. is it duel? or diorama? or mass genocide?

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Get this one right and it's a demon for sure mate....your first one ......what you've been dying for for ages.....no pressure
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

there is nothing thats called "demon for sure" unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    If he follows my advice on the banner/streamers you can consider it "DFS." I gift wrapped it for ya, Ten. This one is free...

Also, if you can, rotate the knight slightly in the direction of the falling skeleton. Think it fits better this way. Personally.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 08-27-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    Sadly that's true!
    GW run Golden Deamon based in more market influences than Artistic Endeavour.
    I like the way Lee's going with this and know he'll at least hit a finalist Medal/Pin.
    NOW IF HE DOES GET A STATUE I'M GOING TO BE PLEASED AS PUNCH FOR HIM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

But surely one doesn't go to GD just to collect some daemeonettes, but get that bloody sword, innit?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    But surely one doesn't go to GD just to collect some daemeonettes, but get that bloody sword, innit?
    qft! all but the sword is FAIL

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TBH a finalist pin for me would be good as I lost out last time, but a bronze you would have to scrape me off the roof.

However after the swearing at my inability to thin airbrush paint last night for some reason made my feelings towards actually being finished to attend were in doubt...had to watch Sarah Millican to calm down.

The night diorama looks lovely Lee and I look forward to seeing all your stuff on the day

Many pictures will be taken.

Wow! I havent been around in quite a while and it really seems everyone has kicked it up a notch while i have been away!

Thanks all
    Bloodfather - great idea, I will experiment with the banners and see how it pans out.

As for the demon. Ive learned from bitter experience not to 'expect' anything from any competition. As a wise old American (who paints naked) once told me 'don't chase trophies' - you will lose all the fun out of painting.

Like the duel ive just finished this is an idea that's been rolling around in my head for ages, well since I was a child and watching the skeles in sinbad & Jason and the Argos.
    Sooooooo if it does well that's good but the diorama would of still been made even if there was no GD.

4 hours more of painting skeletons
    *puts artist head on* the idea here is to have all warm colours for the base contrasting againts the cool whites, greys and greens of the knight, which (hopefully) will make the knight really pop out of the scene.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  446.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Looking great as usual Lee. This one and the duel are both fantastic ideas and executed fantastically as well.

Stunning as always, like that your adding realism in as well, but dysantry isn't blue ! just kidding a worthy contender and glad your back onto painting because you enjoy it
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Do you ever stop and just put out a nice piece every once and awhile or is it great work or bust with you?
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks guys.
    Digga - I do blast out a quick mini every now and again. They never rate so good but I love em just the same

Like this one from Runic miniatures.

Name:  img51e16c63d22c9.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  110.3 KB

Nice sheer effect Ten, was that using the naked painters method ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

^^Is that a 15mm??? Tiny....lol.

I love over the finished shield leaning against the rock on the right. The contrast on it looks great. It's weathered and beaten and just looks old as hell. Good job on that! Hope your other rusty metals looks just as good.

The Green Knight is such a good figure. I know you'll saturate your colors well on it and it'll just pop!

This dio sure does beat gluing on laser cut leaves, huh? Any ideas for a Single entry?7