10 balls WIP - Page 171
Page 171 of 275 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

would she be interested in doing one of my cat?
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    Thanks all

Digga - nope, paints for fun.
    Welcome back old 10! How do you think new Ten is doing? We have been really happy having him represent you in our community. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Wifes been painting again

Attachment 42178
    Awesome job by Lady Ten. I especially like the teeth, they look like dog teeth. The fur is well done too even though this is a great challenge in traditional painting. There is a studio down the street from me where folks get together and have some wine and paint their dogs. Note to single men.....

Has your wife ever painted with oils? It is so, so much more natural when painting 2d to use oils, IMO. Blending is seamless and fixing problems is an instaneous effort. It's worth a try for everyone, me thinks. With your natural talent, 10, I am sure you'd be painting like the Masters in no time. Warning though, it is an expensive hobby-cost me upwards of $1000 bucks to have a serious collection of tools.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Your wife is very creative mate, must make for interesting conversations over your models
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Digga - I asked her and she got stressed just thinking about it, so dont think so mate

Krule - Old ten is thinking new ten is a top ten painter

BOK - Thanks mate. Shes tried oils in the past but prefers acrylics.
    Wargames - Yep, we had a few hours talk about contrast the other night

Started this fun project over the weekend. Blocked in the base colours in with AB. then Been working up the details with brush.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  86.9 KBName:  snil.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  97.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

the detail on the shell is awesome mate, how are you going to achieve a wet translucent effect on the foot ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

That is a gorgeous pair! I wantses one!

More seriously.... I agree with wgs, the detailing on the shell is lovely. I'm so excited to see how these guys come together.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Very nice ten took you no time at all to learn the airbrush...imho that's the extent block in attack with brush...this proves I'm somewhere in the ballpark.

Lol . I agree with the cheering section that the shell is looking very cool.

Thanks all
    Well nearly done on this one, 90% pleased with how its turned out. SM arnt my usual thing but I reckon I can hold my head up high at next months golden demon.

Attachment 42152Attachment 42153

I am always amazed with your painting skills.. this is yet another example of your amazing talent.

I have no right to critique, but thought I would point out something I noticed since you are going to take this to GD. I've never been to GD, so I really don't know their standards, but won't they say something about a marine painted as a Salamander having Blood Angels Death Company embellishments on the back-pack? It would be good to know... though I doubt I will ever bother competing in a competition like GD.

Critique aside, I am in awe of your work yet again
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Is this old ten or new ten were talking to? And why is everyone drinking your koolaide, I mean the shell is clearly shopped hehe
    also thanks for asking. Bok put the idea of oil paints in my head so I'll give it a go myself sometime.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Started this fun project over the weekend. Blocked in the base colours in with AB. then Been working up the details with brush.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  86.9 KBName:  snil.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  97.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    the detail on the shell is awesome mate, how are you going to achieve a wet translucent effect on the foot ?
    If it's a French snail, melted butter!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    but won't they say something about a marine painted as a Salamander having Blood Angels Death Company embellishments on the back-pack? It would be good to know.

Man 10ball, ten ball, whatever-ball. you and Crockman really have to do your research! ;P

Lovely work on that shell mate its cimibg along very quickly.

Er clearly a sign of inter chapter help there.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking tops there Lee, i look forward to seeing the green meanie in a few weeks time.

I will have to pull the finger out. I have sought permission for a day of painting this weekend from the Fiance so i can get it bashed on.

Sorting out a wee plinth today.

Love the snail!

Cheers all

Wargames -not sure mate. Dont think I will acheive a realistic effect so will go more cartoon.

the lost - thanks mate, im not up with all the GW fluff, I just grabbed any old back pack? oh well

desk top shot of the week

Name:  IMAG0094.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  175.2 KB
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  88.5 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Shell looks awesome Ten ,what are you thinking about the snail trail .Gloss body with a silver tinge..?
    who makes this figure .?
    Proud owner of a Teronus TMM original.
    Carpe Diem Carpe Nocturne

Just remember not to rinse your brush in your tea!

Those paint racks look pretty handy - did you make them or find them somewhere?

This may sound odd, but I'm so glad to see you've got some GW paints. They're all that's really available here in South Africa and no one seems to mention them around here!
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ArchArad View Post
    Just remember not to rinse your brush in your tea!
    Hahahahaha! What idiot would do that?! In a completely unrelated story I had to move my cup warmer from one side of my painting desk to the other - FOR NO REASON -_-
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo