10 balls WIP - Page 172
Page 172 of 275 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Hi,

The effect of the shell is pretty well achieved. Damn, it is full of color and I love it.

Wondering myself how is the process from pic one to pic two and three.

Many thanks,
    Mariano,

Thanks all

Terra - its from aradia miniatures, Harley and the race horse.

Arch - yep, GW paints are still one of the best.

aniku - I picked 5-6 colours, dark browns, red, buff, tan, yellow. Using AB layed down the basic colours then followed the ref. photo of a snail shell feathered the lines/strokes in (keeping note of the directions).
    Glazed in some shadows with a little black. Then brought up the highlights with select places of deck tan / ivory.
    To tie it all in I used some winsor & newton burnt sienna ink to glaze over. is got a semi gloss look that gives a nice shine without being to glossy.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Wonderful ten... I must admit that I hate snails.... but you got a beautiful shell there. Not sure if the "white" lines are whether just a reflection of light or you have painted them. lol they are perfectly placed.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by ArchArad View Post
    Just remember not to rinse your brush in your tea!
    But that's the painter's right of passage!

Lee the shell is spot on! You've done a fantastic job on it and I love how the richness and depth of colour bring it to life.
    I'd go for a satin finish on the majority of the body and just pick out the frill and eye stalks with gloss. That way if it doesn't look wet enough you can always add more gloss.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just saw the printed GW paint conversion chart. Why i haven't done this before i will never know. Always using a saved page on my phone.

Very nice work on the shell, very nice. I'm looking forward for the rest

And with salamander? Nice shading on the fist, rest of the armor is not in same style for me. Good shaded but missing shade/highlight transition from the fist. And you definitely need backpack without Blood Angels iconography.

Many thanks, Ten ball!!!

I must say you have surprisingly few plaints, ten. What, you not proper insane like the rest of us?

my first thought exactly, 10, you need more paints! at least another 200-300 bottles.

Very cool, 10. I love the texture and effect you've gotten on that shell. I'm reminded of Sproket's frog. Really nice work!

cheers all

Yep not got so many paints.

Well this ones been a challenge so far but ive been enjoying experimenting with him
    WIP so far, shell complete but everything else is wip. Taking sprokets advice (which i remember him saying also about the frog he painted) not to gloss the whole body but just select places.

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  65.5 KBName:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  81.6 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Love the darker tongue, and that shell just looks real. Awesome. Is that a raindrop on the top of the shell?

Thanks, no it's just a cut out for the rabbit to sit on top

Snail having a repaint - not happy with the green/pink skin

A refresh paint will get me back on target.

Name:  IMAG0112.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  241.5 KB Name:  IMAG0119.jpg
Size:  258.2 KBName:  photo 5.JPG
Size:  300.4 KB

Better to catch it now than to have finished the whole snail + rabbit and then realise you're not happy.

Arwen is looking good so far - any thoughts as to what colour you're going to dress her in?
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Wow...Awesome. Conch looks fantastic. Excellent paintwork.

Great start on Arwen!

I think you've made a good decision with the snail. The green is OK but I think its too cartoony (I can't believe I just typed that!). You've done such a beautiful job painting the shell I think that's the way to go with this mini. A cartoony sculpt painted in a realistic colour palette.

Something like this:
    Name:  Garden-Snail.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  187.9 KB
    Last edited by Sproket; 10-08-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Good call ten, arwyn look nice already Sprocket what the hell man?! I'm eating here! Blarg -_-
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo