10 balls WIP - Page 223
Page 223 of 275 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Congrats on the recognition and awards, 10! Glad to see your snail rider get the attention it deserves.
    It also sounds as if you and your friends have solved most of the world's problems for us, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the report of your findings on astrophysics, brixit (are we calling it the wrong thing when we Yanks say 'brexit'?), women, painting, painters, life, and sundry.

Congrats on all the awards! It's a shame about the knight, I think that bust is a fantastic piece of work. Must have been a very high standard if it didn't place.

Congrats on the recognition and good times.

Congrats on the awards buddy. And shame on you for talking about me to Andy, unless you were saying I was a bad painter but a passable sculptor...I'll take that
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yeah, stop talking about us!
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Belated congrats, I can only imagine how tough the competition must have been, especially with only one golden crocs award

Thanks all

Last year I brought three of these off ebay for £8.00. (think I sent you one andy?) There called wooden pen blanks for carpentry. 30mm sq 100mm long.
    Anyway today spent a few hours, cut in half, half hour glass paper, varnish annnnnnnnd two plinths. I reckon a plinth like this would cost around £8 to £10 each
    so it cost me £2.66 each rod , cut in two makes £1.33 each and ive had fun making them. Could even spray black if not happy with the grain? Thoughts?

Name:  20160924_164602.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  126.9 KBName:  20160924_154114.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  153.2 KB
    Name:  20160924_165309.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  59.0 KBName:  20160924_165357.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  61.0 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Really nice mate, and very cost effective
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Really good idea, 10, and the plinths look great. What kind of wood is it, if you know? I really like the grain- can't imagine you'd ever want to paint over it! For my own taste, I'd prefer the corners to be less rounded (which presumably would save you time on sanding?), but that's a matter of preference, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thoughts?

Name:  20160924_154114.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  153.2 KB
    Montana Gold Gloss Varnish, it's a spray which dries with a nice gloss finish the more coats you put on it.
    Wood plinths like that deserve a good finish to show off how much they are appreciated.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

They look good and I might steal the idea, I suspect if you hadn't have told us, no one would guess they weren't bought that way

Top marks sir! I have a bunch of blanks of various kinds from an exotic wood shop near me. It's way more cost effective to make your own and a lot of fun. ONLY one peril: The wife. I have had to finish entire tables now because of my plinth making skills. I suppose it's good because she knows i can handle any project on the honey do list, but it's bad because she knows i can handle anything on the honey do list - though, i constantly remind her it's BECAUSE OF MY HOBBY SKILLS
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

10, what kind of woodworking ordinance did you require to create those plinths? Did you need any specialized saws or anything?

Cheers all. Mike I was going to have a mess with sone different shades of inks mix with varnish.
    dont know the wood?
    Just used a mitre saw and glass paper.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Thanks for share Lee, I've had a look at these on eBay and the price is ridiculously cheap. Looks like I'm making my own plinths now

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done Lee.

Glad you got recognition for your top notch work.

Glad you had a good time, plan is tom come to all these events next year, as this year is a bit all over, hopefully get to see all the folks i only see once in a blue moon.

Thanks both

Inspired by Baileys black orc ive been messing with this bust, focusing on more skin texture with stippling and experimenting with different colours in the shadows and midtones.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  68.1 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  63.9 KB

Ooooooooooooh nice! I like it.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Love the colour on this so far. Nice and rich.

Those greens are really hitting some depth, watching this one. I'm also intrigued how this will go with you working on textures, opposed to you usual exquisitely smooth glazing and blends.