10 balls WIP - Page 244
Page 244 of 275 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Yes! About time you did some ninja turtles!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Stunning shell work mate !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Perfect colours ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks all

More WIP

Name:  photo 1(2).JPG
Views: 442
Size:  269.3 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

The chaos dude turned out great! And I love the work you're doing on the tortoise. Can't wait to see what you do with the riders!

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thanks all

More WIP

Name:  photo 1(2).JPG
Views: 442
Size:  269.3 KB
    That's gorgeous.

Oh man, such a cool mini, and another one for your bizarrely specific genius for painting shells to shine. Dude, it looks great already.

Everything looks perfect! You could almost think of it as a taxidermy turtle.

Thanks all
    More WIP. The day mixing with great painters has really boosted my painting mojo. Hopefully will get this project finished for the new Euro at Folkestone in September.

Had fun painting his eyes, I referenced a bloodhound dogs eyes

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  305.8 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

He looks brilliantly realistic 10. Seems to be channeling a grumpy old man with that chin too.

Bloodhound eyes are a clever touch

Really like the start of the turtle figure, I have it sitting and waiting in the todo pile

Looking forward to see what you will do whit this figure.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Looking good - very, very good! I love the natralistic aproach you are taking, it's working really well. My only crit, of sorts, is that the scales on the leg look a bit too orange to me. I think their tone is too warm compaired to the colour of the leg and it makes them jump out a bit too much. Maybe if they were the same tone as the shell they would contrast with the leg but not pop so much.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smashing wee turtle lee. Nice bit of change.

Thanks all

Agreed with Dave about the colour of the leg scales being to warm (he is a moderate painter so I do listen to him now & again )
    Soooo one side finished as you can see. Made good progress so far with about 30 hours spent in two to three hour sessions.
    Been enjoying the painting on this and slambo before with no real OCD moments or bad mojo.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  235.1 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  242.2 KB

Ive had a few people ask me lately about how they can improve their painting and also about keeping focus on one mini.

I feel keeping the painting juices flowing helps loads by going to competitions and meetups etc (not just entering the minis into the event)
    To anyone out there who is just starting or is frustrated about their painting progress, GO to different events (comps, exhibitions, workshop days, shows, clubs etc) now the important thing is dont be shy and just sit their quite, arrange a meet up through the forums etc, if you reconise someone say hello!
    Ive lost count of the number of Golden demons ive been to and just entered my figure, then just walked around bored, consantly checking the cabinets to see if ive got a finalist pin. The best thing ever for me was arranging to meet up with fellow painters on CMON and in doing so it improved my painting and also ive made some life long friends.

Through talking and sharing about the hobby, my painting and enjoyment of the hobby has gone through the roof !, so take my advice, get painting and making friends

Some great advice there ten...entering GD this year has been a massive motivator for me. Just need to take the next step and come and pester some of the rest of you for tips at the next one.

I was a definite enter and cabinet stalker this year although did have the pleasure of chatting with a few nice people that I have since kept I touch with through instagram.

Shelled dude is looking wonderful from my perspective, you've got the shell tones and texture down to a tee and his face just oozes character...

I'll definitely be looking at some meet ups and competitions in the future. I've heard a few different people in the last couple of days say it's a great way to learn and it seems silly that I couldn't make it to GD this year when I live so close.

Didnt even notice the relatively red leg until Sproc mentioned it. Nice touch up.

Great progress on the turtle mate, this is rapidly turning into one of your best so far. Some sound advice for people new and old in the painting scene
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I'd like to go to some events and stuff but I'm quite anxious around crowds, plus with 3 kids it's hard booking time away without those dagger looks from the Mrs, I'll definitely get around to it some time though but maybe not for a few more years when the kids grow up a bit. Saying that though there's a painting competition in my closest GW soon that I plan to enter, get a free primaris marine and I'll have a week to paint it which sounds doable even at my snail pace

As for the turtle, not much more to be said, looks awesome

Lovely work, 10. The tilt of the head and the way you've set the eyes create the impression that he's about to attempt some ambitious climb or something. Just great, man.

The significance of your latest project-management disclosure is not lost on me, either... I'm trying to break up tasks ('high level' painting, mindless painting, prep work, basing, terrain, etc) so that I can shorten and focus the time I spend on any particular task, while also taking advantage of the abundance of time I'm currently enjoying. Looking at all the great work on here doesn't alleviate my impatience to improve, though!

I also enjoyed your thoughtful reflections on actively seeking community & creative support. I appreciate that kind of perspective, as well as the kick in the ass.

Thanks all

Nearly finished, just more work on the back legs then onto the two characters sitting on top !

Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  507.1 KBName:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  261.9 KB
    Last edited by ten ball; 08-06-2017 at 11:18 AM.