10 balls WIP - Page 127
Page 127 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 5637

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Looking great man!
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

yep thats very much an improvment
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

I really like the ivory nmm on the sword blade. Lol

Nice work as usual Ten.

It might have been hard & stressful work but it looks like it was worth the effort. The gold has gone from slightly dull & flat looking to shiny - result!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Can't see no pic ? SORT IT OUT NOW!!!!!!
    Hehehe...Nicely done AndyG.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I liked it before you changed it And I like it now..it's just good OL fashioned technical wizardry...nice Mr 10 ball. Just want to say the reason I'm not always commenting on skell,andy and 10ball, and sprockets w I p page is because I have no advice to give painters of this calibre..no other reason .I do stop in from time to time to say how great you all are hut that's all I can do.

Thanks all

Blooda, that's very kind but we all need advice and help from fresh eyes,
    even the mighty Sproket- king of all painters (he is nearly 7ft tall and wears a cape).
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Dam Buddy looked good before now its got that shine o awesome. how many more you got?!

That update with the extra reflections really did make a big difference - The shield thing on his waist under his right arm looks like it needs a little more around the edge but he's looking ace even so. However how on earth can you paint a mini without doing his face first - that would drive me bonkers (although don't look at my current orc!)

As I said in PM, it's better for me now, but you held back a little, I think. How long I'm looking on the armor, I'm thinking that gold on the model is up a lot. What about paint edges of the skirt by white or light blue?

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thanks all

Blooda, that's very kind but we all need advice and help from fresh eyes,
    even the mighty Sproket- king of all painters (he is nearly 7ft tall and wears a cape).
    Well, the cape bit is closest to the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    Well, the cape bit is closest to the truth
    i see a mexican wrestler in front of me. yey!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Thanks all

Canny - four more after this

John - 99% of the time I start with the face, don't know why I didnt with this one?

Persifal- yep, going with light blue I reckon.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Looking good mate, Are you adding some more light to the top of the helm as this area looks a little flat at the moment ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I thought edge of the scale skirt. The line around the scales. It is painted as gold now.

oh I thought you ment the blue skirt thing. Im leaving the gold edge now I reckon.

Wargames - Will be going over again, Im getting the feeling the gold will be a WIP on all the minis even when ive finished them lol

Hmm...I know the intentions are good and nobody means anything but the best for you Ten, but I sorta get the sense that people are being a bit picky with their critiques. Again, before I am drowned out in a cacophony of protest, I know the intentions were for improvement above all else, but hell I think it's a damn fine example of gold NMM, with a highly reflective quality, good contrast, a nice golden brown tone...it looks like brilliantly painted metallics to me, and I'm not too humble to say I paint better NMM than most. Yes, you did improve it over time, but this is despite the advice, not because of it IMO. And since then calls for a glint here or edge highlighting there are frankly elementary, my dear Lee. Elementary.

I know you will say that the advice is heeded and appreciated, 10, because this may be true, but mostly because you are a gentleman (and a painter). I guess I am just a wee bit sensitive over the audacious beating you took initially. I just want to say that you are Thee motha touchin' Ten Ball and you knocks it out the park on the regular, my brotha....

Rant complete. Apologies to everyone who offered constructive criticism.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well walked into this particular bar to have a chair fly past my face, but the music was still playing so I sat down and ordered a drink.

Aye constructive criticism, though critiscism, helps build a painter. Saying @not good enough' and walking away is a stupid old technique that just beats 90% of folk down, okay that 10% will 'prove him wrong' and create a masterpiece, but that's not what this forum si for, and 10 Ball's stuff is always tip top and was vilified last year with silverware.

That NMM is tip top now 10Ball, the giff added showing where the extreme highlights should go was very helpful and you took those comments straight away,.

Im playing with idea of doing a metallic blue or pink NMM, using this as a guide

No Salute for me now though, off to America for work for 10 days and just eating away any free time I had for it now.

So see you at GD ....bring the gold ones

Geez man, you make it look effortless. I can never do the cartoony look, never seems to work, but I do enjoy seeing it - especially when executed so well.

ooo no, no what I've done? I don't want to be beaten by models with style of highlights made by me. Just kidding. Again, I'm glad that its helped. If you want see another example, pls visit my WIP thread here and maybe you could assists with my problems on my Captain