10 balls WIP - Page 40
Page 40 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Have to agree looks great as is
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Leave him as he is 10 and maybe come back later to balance if needs be. Classic model and a lovely start.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

if it hasn't hardened by now it isn't going to harden. Get rid of it and have another go. Never pay attention to the instructions, I have found that they never tell you the correct amount of hardener. The only reason to not put too much is because it can make the resin brittle when hard but since you aren't going to be moving the figure around it doesn't matter if it is brittle. Don't quit on me!

Cheers all

Milosh - never fear I will prevail !!

Listening to all your advice I have not messed to much, just a few highlights and a splash of colour.
    Name:  photo-4.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  191.1 KB
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Hey 10 ball, this is looking fine, I like the different tones int he face and the contrast with teeth and tongue, but using same shadow color!

The Termi captain is looking really good too... I like your style, slightly cartoonish, neat painting with really good NMM...

Good luck with the resin... I never try but it seems really tricky, I might lose my patience before achieving good results!

Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me if it's acrylic resin based ? If it is, the usual amount of hardener is about 3% of the weight of the resin. In very small amounts, I've found out that you can go over 3% - as 1/5 of the resin weight without having problems.

But Milosh is right. It will harden eventually, but I guess you don't want to sit and wait for it.

10 - hey m'dear, forget the resin stuffs - he looks bloody fantastic. Just amazing between seeing this now and your work before my hiatus. And your work was impressive then...so it's crazy good now!

Thanks boubi
    Hi Kath been a long time! I see you have turned into a publishing queen
    As for the blasted resin Alex - it's a one part to a 2 part mix.
    and the second attempt has failed also with all the resin leaking out.
    Ran out of resin now so sorry Milosh I've failed again (for now).
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Queen? Thanks hun but I doubt it...publishing...uh..."we-won't-go-there-right-now" - yeah, that's probably it.

I sorry 10 - hang in there. How deep are you trying to make the water resin?

Only small for the termy base (around 25x25x25mm)
    but it's my kryptonite!
    "
    . Andyg

Hun...that small you don't even need resin. If you're trying to reflect water for example, a nice application of paint on the base then coated over with several layers of brush-on high gloss sealer will take care of you no problem. I've done this on small bases with great effect. I'm right in the middle of something but I'll go back and look at your thread. That's the fun part - playing catch up and I have no clue what's going on. lol!

As always 10 Ball, excellent work!

And glad to see Kath ain't quite dead yet!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

Thanks All
    Well after the disaster of the resin I have put the termy captain on a normal base - http://www.coolminiornot.com/331967

Some more on the green skin -

Name:  ork.JPG
Views: 465
Size:  316.2 KB
    "
    . Andyg

That's great skin. The idea of working reds in really makes a difference.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Yep, here's a big, mean, ugly and smelly orc!! Just the way I like it. Great skin 10!!

youve really evolved your own style, that ork rock!

Looks great. I love the little touches of color you're adding to the green, under the eyes, at the elbow and knuckles, etc. It's something I'm still struggling to do. Very nice!

Love the way that the knuckles and other taught areas colour thins, looks very realistic !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by William T. View Post
    As always 10 Ball, excellent work!

And glad to see Kath ain't quite dead yet!
    Heya William! hehe - well the kickin' has fallen to twitchin' occasionally...but being mostly dead means I'm not all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    Thanks All
    Well after the disaster of the resin I have put the termy captain on a normal base - http://www.coolminiornot.com/331967

Some more on the green skin -
    SWEET! I looked at your termy (and voted) he's freakin' awesome! The highlights you got on him are soft and sweet - they really pop without smacking me in the jaw. I also like the base and think you made a darn good decision - it shows off the mini. It doesn't competed with it for attention. I also like your photo background, that really helps set off your colors.

Now Mr. Orc is wonderful as well! Again your highlights are fantastic. Is that a string of saliva in his mouth?

Great job 10!

Fantastic job on that orc so far, looking forward too see the rest.

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.