10 balls WIP - Page 271
Page 271 of 272 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5429

Thread: 10 balls WIP

So many great tones going on in that face. I'm loving it!

Gino(2dope)

Thanks all. Well with a new brand of brush more progress.

Name:  photo 5.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  203.3 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Hoooooly shioli!!!!!

I second what BaM said.

Late congratulations from me too on tinkerbelle. Really an amazing piece!

The bust is mindblowing too. Your tonal variations are stunning. Have you considered making videos of your painting process? ^^ xD

Uhmm what brush, if I can buy a brush that will let me get anywhere close to this I WANT one! Seriously great work on the bust. That shirt is just outstanding, not taking anything away from the skin tones though

Thanks all.
    @ ekipage. After years of using winsor and newton series 7, I haven't been impressed with their quality recently so after doing alot of research I stumbled on the world of very high quality brushes used in the dental world. Been impressed so far but there not easy to get hold of!

http://www.mpfbrush.com/classic-kolinsky-brushes/
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Been to see the knife angel today. It's a sculpture made from knives all taken off the UKs streets in an effort to reduce knife crime and promote thought in our society. Very impressive and heart breaking at the same time, seeing all the names of the young people who have lost their lives to knives.

Name:  Screenshot_20190426-160843_Gmail.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  1.16 MB

That’s funny you mention about W&N lately. My last two have worn out very quickly and never felt quite right even when brand new. I thought it was just a few bad ones.

How I love the stuff you post ten. If your not attending GD well.... your just giving others a shot to win mate.

The shirt on the bust is just spectacular. And After one hour of painting I delegated my last new W&N brush to dry brushing duty.

The knife angel is cool and sad....unfortunately us humans always find a way to kill each other.

Okay, that is seriously a lot of knives. Cool piece of art albeit with a sad background.
    Never even knew there was a market for dental paint brushes. They are a bit pricey though.

Thanks for tip

Seems I'm not alone and it wasn't the fault of my bad treatment entirely^^ xD
    Testing Raphael 8404 at the moment and I'm very happy so far. But will probably try the dental brush too, since they sound interesting. Although I thinkt that the advertised "tip dehumidifying system" sounds strange^^ Don't we want to have enough moisture in the brush (and especially the tip) to make the paint flow easy ?

Ekipage got mine for £13 same as a w&n series 7.

Cyanide yes dont know what that nonsense is about either? I'm quite happy with the brush, very light weight and keeps a perfect point at the moment with a medium spring on the bristles. Its not a wow factor brush like when I went from games workshop to winsor and newton years ago but like I say winsor are fantastic but ive been fed up of their up and down quality lately and the fact I've been ordering normal series 7 and I've been sent series 7 miniature which is NOT the same, the bristles are way softer and I can't paint with the blasted things !

Hmm, might have to search some more then. Cursory look yesterday every brush I saw was at least about $50 (so what about 35 pounds). Okay, found a two pack of the Stain brush size 1 and 0 for $40. I may have to pick some up to see what they are like then.

90% done just a few tweaks needed.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  121.2 KB

Looks lush 10, lovely broad tonal range throughout on this.

Amazing work... hardly possible for me to find the missing 10% you're referring to :-)

stunning work. I really like the shirt, there is some much going on there with the tones and texture feel to it