10 balls WIP - Page 146
Page 146 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 5491

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Looks the goods 10 lightening the face has made his eyes pop more and has given him an air of calmness he is now a gentle giant.
    love your work.

Blog Entries

Looking good! This is a really neat little project.

10, I am surprised we don't see you painting far more Rackham figures. Your style lends itself very well to those minis.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Nice good work
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

cheers all

Been working on his feet and added the other hand.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

that's coming along lovely 10, love the pallet you've chosen for the skin
    Regards

David

This is turning into an art study of the skin nuances. Very neet.

Hi,

It is your fault that I'm considering to buy the miniature.

Lovely skin colors but not quite sure with the laterals on the belly, did you add some green/yellow on this parts?

Left eye of the giant looks less rounder than the one on the right.

But I'm not only impressed with the skin, the work on the rest of the component is also so great, specially the work on the bandages on the right wrist.

Many thanks,
    Mariano.

those bandages. Good god.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Thanks all

aniku - the laterals on the belly are more of an optical illusion from the front photo, their not really there on a side angle.

1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

I really like the muted skin tones, he looks like a kind ogre! The wrist bands are amazing, really nice contrast... Do you plan to add a saturated pop color on the poor guy he is holding? I think it will add a nice point of attraction for the scene!

Yes im going with a 'pop' colour but not with the little man. ive changed him to a snotling, the man was not very well cast and the legs were all out of scale.
    I feel a snotling will also add to the humor of the scene.

I like the new face, taking the middle ground was the good call. The feet look good, looks like he has some toenail fungus. But it's understandable, he wouldn't be able to reach them to clean because of that belly of his. Maybe if he laid off all the snotlings...

Agree Ten, this is incredible work.

When considering your snotling, I'd try to find one slightly bent at the waist, if possible. This might be one that is mounted on something. Anyway, it should be really simple to convert him with some greenstuff to make it appear that the ogre is holding him by the trousers. Can you see this?
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Hi,

I'm with BloodFather of Kharnath. He must hold the snotling by the trousers...

Many thabks,
    Mariano,

The arteries under his right arm kinda look like an ugly mold line. Be sure to add a bit of color, like the other vein on his shoulder. NOW!!!!!!!

Am I right in thinking that the weapon hand isn't done yet?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Bok - yep all the veins look terrible imo, I've removed loads. It has been highlighted but ita hard to tell because of the shadow.
    Mike, yes just a base coat , the hands and feet are still wip

Ok people, the little snotling was more difficult than expected getting the composition right was a nightmare. I tried, as suggested, having him hanging upside down by his trouser leg but it just didnt work and seemed to block the giants face no matter what I did. So I settled with the attached, it makes me smile so the the comedy of the piece is still working I feel
    The snotling is still WIP and still needs work on his face etc