10 balls WIP - Page 126
Page 126 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 5537

Thread: 10 balls WIP

I have a similar approach "cartoon", I love and appreciate the smooth clean look and with some of Persifal's adjustments I think the gold really pops. Im sure you will have a bright blue-green to boost the attraction on the gems etc and the "monochromatic" will be gone. Getting that red-violet more in the shadows will help with some extra dark parts to to harness the NMM look. Some times you need something like battle damage or a patten to get that extra second look.

I think you can pull it off 10
    Last edited by Canny; 01-19-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: red violet

Blog Entries

I disagree, I think u'll be happy with this and not be prepared to stretch yourself, it looks like some light brown with a wash to me, it's ok to please peeps, I see a razza copycat but not as good, u need busting out of your box if you want to be good, all your previous work, the same..dah de dah..good, but just not good enough

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Question: at a GD, for a regiment can you for instance make a unit that consists of 3-4 normal minis with a named character as the general? Would this count as a squad category?
    i think you can say that as long as theyre in the same team you can put in pretty much what you want as long as it make some kind of sense. for example a empire regiment a character, a wizard and 3 soldiers would totally work, they are not that anal you might think. "regiment must be leagal in game terms", i see it broken all the time. for example you need 10 pink horrors to make a leagal regiment, not only 5.

Thanks all.

Persifal - Wow thanks mate, great reference photo that i will use.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis. View Post
    I disagree, I think u'll be happy with this and not be prepared to stretch yourself, it looks like some light brown with a wash to me, it's ok to please peeps, I see a razza copycat but not as good, u need busting out of your box if you want to be good, all your previous work, the same..dah de dah..good, but just not good enough

Dennis - I don't know what to say

Blocked in some base colours. Will work on the highlights that persifal has pointed out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ten ball; 01-20-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

yeah, good enough... good enough for what? a rather sour coment if i might say so.

win a golden demon? oh wait 10 already done that...

Blog Entries

Did he? Oh, so have I, no it was a griffon. Nothing sour, how do you push someone by patting them on the back, and as no one feels any need to do it, I will.... is this sour or constructive?

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Newbie, please be gentle DistortedMe's Avatar

There is a big difference in a constructive comment or a sour comment... Persifal's comment is constructive, pointing out how to improve and giving an option on how to continue. Dennis, your comment wasn't really that constructive, just pointing out that it's flat and not good enough... and even bashing previous works.

But back on topic, 10 I do agree it will look more attractive with persifal's highlights. Can't wait to see you pulling this off!
    'The Summer is here and the time is right!'
    Casablanca - Beast Of Summer

im all in for honest feedback but i think you should look at persifal's post if you want to see something truly contructive. just saying "you are not good" is not imo.

AAgh Ninjad by Distorted, bastard!

Looking good so far! I'd go with persifal's highlighting it would give the mini a real feeling of shine & reflection. Something else to consider is the contrast levels. NMM can look very good with high contrast so maybe you could go really dark on a just a few of the shadows.

Blog Entries

Sometimes being curt is enough to make the artist self evaluate, indeed it is necessary. Thankfully you guys DO NOT LECTURE at art college. If I was to give a full appraisal how would that help 10, let's all be parrots. And yes, I will refer to previous work, I have given most of 10's work 10, do you really think this mini would win a GD, it's about time to get not so liberal

Well, you know, you guys could have a fun little "paint brushes at dawn" type challenge over on the WAMP ladder ;P Said the guy who has never accepted a challenge from anyone for anything, ever.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Bawhahahaha Brushes at dawn. Opinions are important be respectful and

Quote Originally Posted by Canny View Post
    Bawhahahaha Brushes at dawn. Opinions are important be respectful and
    No - you dig up, stoopid. Everyone knows that. Duh
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by dennis. View Post
    Sometimes being curt is enough to make the artist self evaluate, indeed it is necessary.
    l
    Sometimes it is not!
    I may not like someone's painting, but GOOD MANNERS normally allow me to try to be tactful.
    You've pushed that limit.

Don't push it any further!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Sometimes it is not!
    I may not like someone's painting, but GOOD MANNERS normally allow me to try to be tactful.
    You've pushed that limit.

Don't push it any further!
    TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

If you are intending to use Robert Frosts poetry to defend bad manners then it doesn't work for me.
    I've walked a far different path through Dark and Deep Woods than you'll ever know.

A separate viewpoint, no problem.
    Constructive criticism, no problem.
    Bad manners, no excuse.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Love that nurgle. The colors are beautiful. It will be interestingto see what you do with the elves.

Cheers all.

Working hard following Persifal's tips and also darkened the shadows more as Sproket suggested.
    Real please how he is looking.
    The project started out relaxing & fun but tonight it was hard work and stressful, like an exam really.

1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Can't see no pic ? SORT IT OUT NOW!!!!!!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

don't know where that went??