10 balls WIP - Page 276
Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277 LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5530

Thread: 10 balls WIP

That demon is stunning. And I love those old minis. Great work.

That bust mate- just sensational!!’

Cheers guys
    Painted this for a skin tutorial of the skin for the demon bust. Also a small write up on how I did the TMM weathering on the blade. These will be appearing on Toadchapel site once I've finished the bust.

The heroquest boffins among us will notice a few converstions but I always like to (try) and keep the original look of the HQ mini.
    Note I've also controversy mixed TMM with NMM on the same mini, I'm such a rebel!!!
    Name:  IMG_20200120_092210.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  149.0 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    . Note I've also controversy mixed TMM with NMM on the same mini, I'm such a rebel!!!

Heretic! Burn the witch!
    Great looking and super weird little guy. I never knew Hero Quest when I was younger but I love the goofy fantasy look of all these amazing minis. They feel very nostalgic. Love the tight & tasteful color scheme on this one, especially!
    Can’t wait to see the finished bust and get 2 killer tutorials for the site. Really appreciate it, my friend!

Looking good! I don't see the problem with mixing any of those, but then again I'm no purist
    Looking forward to the tutorial write up too!

The skin tone and combination of TMM and NMM is really looking good!

Question more out of curiosity than anything: what made you decide to go with a combination of TMM and NMM rather than one or the other?

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread // Instagram
    Photo-Taking Input?

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Thanks all
    @rowwwsdower , I painted the blade in Tmm to try out a weathering technique using liquid mask, which worked quite well on the sword. Not so much on smaller areas. So I converted to NMM for the rest which imo suits this basic fantasy miniature and gives more control. I’ve always favoured the cartoon look also.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

That makes sense! I was just wondering about your reasoning. I think you picked well - the miniature does look awesome!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread // Instagram
    Photo-Taking Input?

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Will be looking forward to your tutorial.

Unparalleled ten!!!

Hey gang, 10Ball’s tutorial on rusty true metallics is up on ToadChapel. Check it out here!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 01-26-2020 at 01:56 PM.

he looks fantastic, so much nostalgia there to
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

The bust is coming out top drawer 10...there is a real sense of depth to the skin texture and colouration which I love!

Very nice tutorial you wrote for toadchapel! I am definitely going to (ab)use this

Great tutorial. Very simple but precise. Make me feel like good results would be easily achievable.

Thanks all
    Call this one finished I reckon.
    Name:  IMG_20200209_205803.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  251.3 KBName:  IMG_20200209_205840.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  248.3 KB

I just love that coloration you got in the skin tones! Really nice work on this.

I don't know if I ever will be able to use colors and tones in so amazing way. I really envy those kind of skillset to mix different colors and tones to achieve this awesomeness.

really , really nice, awesome colours and loads of character. well done.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

I reckon this kicks ass I reckon!!!