10 balls WIP - Page 145
Page 145 of 275 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 5495

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Hi,

The giant skin is quite beatiful, perfectly accompanies the cartoon style of the miniature.

Many thanks,
    Mariano,

I love seeing a modern paint job on an old school mini, great marine. And the flesh on the giant is amazing, I just can't stop looking at it.

Wowzers lee I always love the integrating of all the wonderful tones that are present in your models this has been a mainstay on your models since I first gazed upon the nurgle special forces ....really wonderful models you got going on there.more more more

Thanks all

Painted a few other parts to see the balance between the colours before carrying on with the skin.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Nice progress! Do you plan add some light on the face?

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Persifal View Post
    Nice progress! Do you plan add some light on the face?
    I wasnt? Why you think the face needs more?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Thanks all

I wasnt? Why you think the face needs more?
    When you look at the pictures the stomach seems much more lighter then the face. My eyes are drawn there "first" in a way so I guess that with a lighter face the focal point might become more correct. This said, the face might be more brighter in reality and this might not be a problem at all. Perhaps not lighter but if possible bigger lighter skin parts. (not sure really )

btw if no one have told you, your painting is fantastic, love the nuances of the skin on this figure.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Seems like a Big John and lawful companion to have. Looking great to me, lots of different colours on the skin, I like his gaze, and your bending on the foot seems really natural and gives a special touch to the mini.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Kretcher is right. The head is almost darkest part of the body. The light areas should be larger and brighter.

Edit: more in PM
    Last edited by Persifal; 05-08-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Yep after seeing this fantastic ref. photo from Persifal I agree that the face needs some more light.

Blog Entries

Huh, I kind of like the idea of the darker head. I understand how the lighter head and shoulders will help bring focus to the face, but what is he going to be holding? Ultimately this piece is going to be a vignette, right, maybe having that focus on the belly might point to the interaction between characters?

shit.... dont know what to do now????

Blog Entries

Excellent, my work is done.

I think I will meet somewhere in the middle in select places.

Blog Entries

Sound's good. Loving this guy. I just want to see him all together.

I think you have done a great job on the skin so far. Don't muck it up!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    I think I will meet somewhere in the middle in select places.
    Yeah I felt this way as soon as I saw Persifal's photo. I felt that too pale of a face didn't help it stand out. And too dark as it is doesn't work either. The answer here, without a doubt, is twofold. First, high contrast with both dark and light in equal parts on the face. This will definitely draw attention to it. Secondarily, but perhaps more importantly, some nice spot colored glazes of red or purple in places to add even more interest. The saturated glazes will be very powerful on a figure that is very unsaturated overall.

in other words, get it sorted.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Went with the middle ground and highlighted up the face a little.