Page 241 of 242 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 4828

Thread: 10 balls WIP

I agree with Saint this project has achieved a little bit of a Sprocket vibe....
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5257 out of 235360 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Just keeps getting better, awesome work.

Thanks all

Mally, dont think im going to push the highlight anymore now.

Fox, you know what they say about big boots !?

Thought id post this 1988 masterpiece of mine

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  201.7 KBName:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  270.5 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Well if that's not inspirational I don't know what is. Though I do hope it takes a little less than 29 years! Got to say Ten, that's some of the finest painting I've seen in a long time

I prefer the old one.

Nah, Duilin's right. Truly inspirational stuff. Just goes to show what dedication to this hobby can achieve
    error 404: signature not found

That's awesome, 10. I'd love to see you again take a crack at your long neglected TMM style sometime...

I'm seeking an extension on Slambo, by the way... not feeling that guy at all. Yours is just beautiful! Same question I asked Andy: when and with what technique are you incorporating the lovely blues, browns, and oranges into your sort of mystical steel?

Thanks all

SaintT - Ive been using blending with stippling over finished with glazing to (try) and tie it all in.
    Had a few tips on colour from the master sproket hence the same 'feel' of his painting (but without that amazing finish)

The harlequins (you were correct skele) & the water crossing projects dead my mojo a little but with painting a mini that I love the painting mojo returns.

3 hours tonight working on an axe. I know ive said it many times before but the greatist tip I can give to a beginner is to paint in small 2-3 hour sessions, focusing on a small section, and control the urge to rush on.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  257.3 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

A valuable tip from a master.
    Great job mate and I bet your taking ten times longer to do this than your first effort.
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

Something I need to master for sure...the urge to blitz through things for instantly gratifying results is pretty counter productive and hard to resist for me. Having seen and been in awe/inspired by so many of the GD entries this year it was definately something i pinpointed to try to focus on as I try to move forward.

The Slambo-off is fascinating to watch as expected...love the teal tone you have glazed on to yours now.

That's just got to be really awkward for him to wal with 3 skulls dangling around his croch. All jokes aside you have floored me again with your epic work.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks all.

More WIP.

Name:  photo 1-1.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  275.2 KB

Looks incredible.

I've not been on the forum for a while, I saw your grots at GD, they were so cool but were high up and I didn't get a very good pic of them (not that I got a very good pic of much on the day with the lighting) but I don't think I saw your other entries ?

Slambo is looking awesome though, as someone else said, definitely a touch Sprocket.
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Slambo looks great, Ten. Also, it is hard to tell, but it looks like you improved a bit since '98. Who would have thought that practise actually made one BETTER?!? :O

Quote Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
    .. I saw your grots at GD,
    .......definitely a touch of Sprocket.
    ......../only on here could those two phrases be considered innocent.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Did you paint the reflection of the dripping goop in the pool of goop below?

It's just the shine from the photo, only a base coat.

nice work! slambo is a cool one, might do him in r'n'r tmm in the future

Not sure on the stripes on the horns, rest looks awesome
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I like the stripes on the horn. It adds interest to the white. Nice work