10 balls WIP - Page 92
Page 92 of 275 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 5487

Thread: 10 balls WIP

Well, it didn't take long for the snipers to get Dirty Harry in their sights. Dicks.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Yes I agree about the wicker.
    It does look less blocky irl, the photo doesnt do it justice. But alas your correct, Andy had pointed it last night also.
    I still think it looks better than a plain jacket but I agree I've missed the mark on this one.

Also either CMON all hate Clint Eastwood or my troll is back, votes at 5.5.

1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Can not believe that score ! We really need a change in the voting as this is getting silly now.
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Yes we do it is bad news when an accomplished competition winning artist of Lees' standard is getting repeatedly sniped with work that is of an excellent standard receiving scores associated with weak tabletop. Enough here's the rub; you end up with people not posting on the gallery any more and posting on other sites such as putty and paint. CMON will loose its best contributors over this sort of stuff.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Yeah, saw that. Sorry 10, I hate to play devils advocate, but I do think the sculpt isn't spot on and I wonder if Dirty Harry isn't a little dated. I thought the jacket looked great until I saw Rituals comment. Still looks great though.

The real question is, what's next? How about something way over the top like one of those Pegaso Lady's or some Forgewolrd Dragon or something?

Naw, regardless of the sculpt being less than perfect, the paint job is primo, the base is even excellent- I mean, that quality of wood alone shows an investment in the work. The jacket doesn't take a thing away, looks tweed to me. And if you know Dirty Harry he wore this, so points for realism there. There is no excuse for a super low score. All I can say is this: often times, it starts low but ends much higher. Wait it out and it will be a much more accurate indication if the work.

Ten ball, I'd love to see you do a mounted figure of some sort.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Naw, regardless of the sculpt being less than perfect, the paint job is primo, the base is even excellent- I mean, that quality of wood alone shows an investment in the work. The jacket doesn't take a thing away, looks tweed to me. And if you know Dirty Harry he wore this, so points for realism there. There is no excuse for a super low score. All I can say is this: often times, it starts low but ends much higher. Wait it out and it will be a much more accurate indication if the work.

Ten ball, I'd love to see you do a mounted figure of some sort.

Too true. It's a 9 PJ and presentation.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Voted.

10 Ball, you're a god of miniature painting.

nah, Sprokets the God im just a helper that washes the brushes.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Ha! Well, yes, he is a god. At least you are part of the pantheon!

Yeah great job on this bust.

Seems like the snipers have been out in force lately. I know some other people that have been having trouble. I think once you reach a certain number of votes CMON removes those that are too far from the average, so that should help. I'm not sure exactly how or when it's done so you'd have to ask a moderator for more info.

Great paint bud.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how or when it's done so you'd have to ask a moderator for more info.
    First Rule of Fight Club, applies!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Okay, so Dragonsreach can tell you but then he'll have to kill you. And since you're both in the UK he doesn't even have to cross an ocean or a channel or anything to do it... so probably best not to chance it.

It's not that hard really all they do is [REDACTED] Then it's just a [REDACTED] and bob's yer uncle! What the hell? I just pressed send how did they do that?!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    It's not that hard really all they do is [REDACTED] Then it's just a [REDACTED] and bob's yer uncle! What the hell? I just pressed send how did they do that?!
    See my previous post!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Best keeping to the registered score mate, it's generally fairer. Can't understand the ideology of sniping, but i did have a flim flab with a nasty message some years ago, all my scores plummeted permenantly, then i got a mail from a german forum member informing me that the chap i had the flim flam with had all their forum members annihilating my scores. i removed the images and opened a new account but lost so much enthusiasm. Best thing is not to fall to them, i did... in hindsight it has helped me be a better critic of my own work, and paint for myself, in my own way looking for something a bit out of the box keep on truckin' buddy

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Keep it up... do not worry at all about the score. I was quite anxious before but now I just let it go... For me the gallery is a way to store my miniature best pictures to keep them archived. Some were sold some were given so I have them no more. But I am still happy to look at them in the gallery and review them 2 or 3 years later to see my progress. I also use the gallery to show some people interested about miniature painting and showing off my work. The score is just a small part of it. You know what you did and what you achieved, you can compare your work to the best out there and see where to improve...

In a way nobody need a score, this is just for our pride. I also would like to reach a higher score but to avoid being disappointed I almost don't look at it anymore.

Your work is a reference for me and many members, your progress is just amazing and as an example of what most of new miniature painter can look at and get motivated!

By the way, instead of all of us whining about score and snipers, where is your new miniature? I get used to see an already half painted new mini at that time?

Cheers all, great comments as usual

Note to beginners : don't hold mini while drilling the other side.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  83.5 KB

't is but a scratch!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob