I've come for the gold WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've come for the gold WIP

Blog Entries

Default I'm stripping her

Well this is the end of the road for this girl but she will be back. My paint got grainy on me and there is no choice but to send her to the stripper. Not a big deal lots were learned while working on her. I'll strip her and set her aside for awhile till I feel ready again. here is the last look of her befor she goes back to the resin state. Thanks for all the input and help, it is truly appreciated.

Name:  rare6.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  48.2 KB

A shame but it happens and knowing when to throw your hands up rather than bull along irregardless is part of the process I guess. Do the bull with the barbed wire scene you know it's the one you realywant to do from the way you were talking about it. All the best keep posting!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

It was still fun watching this thread. You'll pick up the mini another day and nail it, of that im certain!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Like you said Andy it is better to strip instead of pushing on trying to slavage something that isn't going to be something you are proud of anyway. The Bull with the barbed wire starts tonight, that guy is gonna be some fun.

Marks out of two, i'd give er one woof woof!
    lovely paint as always Milosh
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

stevey293

gutted for you. this was looking amazing! the white cloth was stunning.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I hate losing her skirt and top paint but the grain that developed on her skin was not good. I have isolated the problem to my Jo Sonja naples yellow tube. I paint almost exclusively with Jo Sonja acrylics so it wasn't hard to find a suitable color to replace it with. Hopefully my next go at her will have better results. Thanks again for checking on her progress.

Strip her and she will rise again like
    a phoenix from the ashes - Milosh I think
    she looks great, if it was me I would
    move on to another mini, I can not stand
    Repainting the same mini :-)
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Could you explain me how you are gone to remove the paint on this resin model??

Wish you luck for next try.

stevey293

Fairy power spray. Leave it on for ten mins then apply a tooth brush to it.

Blog Entries

I don't have fairy power here so I'm going to try a citrus degreaser on her. I'll let you know how it works.

shame mate she was shaping up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by mrdee1969 View Post
    shame mate she was shaping up nicely

Yep I agree, don't do it mate, she looks great as is.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg